This Disappears When Logged In

New Azureus Hiding, CONCERN?

Discussion in 'Poison Dart Frogs' started by Leolover14, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Leolover14

Leolover14 Member

I picked up a juvenile Azureus dart frog at an expo today. He explored his home for around 10 minutes, but for the rest of the day ( and night) he's been hiding in the top right corner of my tank. He climbed the background and is staying in a little gap between the background and the glass top/ lid. I see his head, but that's about it. He's not stuck, and he could easily get out if he wanted. What should I do? Should I just leave him there? Is this normal?

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It is very normal for a new animal to hide. It is even more normal for a PDF to hide and many do it all the time. Leave him there and don't stress him.

3. Leolover14

Leolover14 Member

Ok, thank you!

4. Leolover14

Leolover14 Member

I know I already asked this question, but my frog is still hiding in a little crevice between the top of my backround and my glass top. I know my humidity is very high (reptifogger on high for 30 minutes... Running every 3 hours) so that's not the problem. Am I doing some thing wrong or is this normal? ALSO how do I feed the frog if he stays in that little crevice. He's been hiding for 5 days WHAT DO I DO?!?!?

5. Frogsrule

Frogsrule Active Member

It can take up to a month before the frog is ready to come out, even in the best conditions. I would place a bowl or container of fruit flies within the frog's view so that he can eat. To prevent the fruit flies from climbing out, I tub calcium powder just below the rim. When they reach the powder they slip and fall back to the bottom. Just be patient and try to stress the frog as little as possible i.e no noise and minimal traffic

6. Leolover14

Leolover14 Member

Ok thanks!