This Disappears When Logged In

New and Old Pics of Trina !

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Josh, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Elite Member

This first pic is Trina when I first got her she was extremely under weight and the date is definitely wrong it was like in April lol
    [​IMG]
    Now a current pic of Trina quite a bit more snake now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

She is definitely quite a bit more snake now. However she will really be quite a bit more snake in two years, lol. She is beautiful!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Good looking retic. An interesting pattern!
    Just out of curiosity, how do you intend to house her when she reaches adult size?
    That is going to be a heck of a lot of snake!

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

She's a beauty. :)

5. Josh

Josh Elite Member

after she hits about 10 feet her cages will all be custom made from wood plexiglass and screen but when she is full grown she gets a room cage. lol

6. Merlin

Good answer! I was just checking.
    Far too many people get these sort of animals with the idea of keeping it for a while and then when it gets too big for them they think they are going to sell it and make big bucks or dump it on a zoo(which by the way doesn't want them!)
    Neither plan is functional.

7. Josh

Josh Elite Member

nope my moto is an animal is a commitment once you get it you keep it with the best care possible all the way till the end

8. Merlin

Good man!

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

yeah, I work at a zoo, and we get dozens of calls each week from people trying to unload parrots, tortoises, monitors, iguanas, large snakes, sugar gliders, chinchillas, you name it! and we already have more of those animals than we even need or want! often times people will put messages on the staff bulletins, and once in a great while, one of the staff people will take an animal home - but that's rare.

You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at how many people had actually made plans around being able to dump this animal at a zoo when it got too much to deal with. As a result, we often refer them to local shelters and rescue facilities, many of which have no space either.

I'm of the same philosophy. If I take on an animal,. it is my commitment for the duration of it's lifetime. Therefore, I am not taking on anything that will outlive me, because I cannot guarantee it's care after I pass. Tortoises and parrots are prime examples.

I do plan on getting a Burmese python, and giving it a room cage, but that has to wait until we have a house. A 1-bedroom apartment won't cut it for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.