This Disappears When Logged In

New Addition!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Dragoness, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Recently, my aunt (who works in Hospice) contacted me to ask if I was interested in a corn snake. One of her patients had one, and could no longer care for it. When I agreed, arrangements were made to transfer the snake into my care when he passed.

So far, it (possibly a 'SHE') looks mostly good. Set her up in quarantine for now, and she has already eaten for me.

Seems to have clean mouth, eyes, vent, belly, etc. Good muscle and skin tone, and activity level is also normal.

Only possible concern is white spots on her head, which may be some rub, or may be her natural markings, or may be something else completely. Will be watching that.

Here she is:

face.jpg
    10.19.14 065.jpg

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Glad you were able to take it Jen. Nice photos btw. No idea what the white spots might be either.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

The white spots are flush, and of the same texture as the rest of her. I'll be keeping an eye on them for sure, though.

She did eat last night. Not that I doubted her!

Her belly is also clean, which is kind of surprising since she was living in a 55 gallon half full of those clay balls used for providing drainage in the bottoms of flower pots or planted terrariums, with water up to just below that level. Full of algae and slime.

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Uhh, eww. That had to have been nasty.

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats on the new addition Jen!

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Thanks, she seems to be doing pretty well. For the first day, she was pretty active, but with the food coma now, she seems to be sticking to her warm spot.