This Disappears When Logged In

New Addition

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by thaboi, Oct 15, 2013.

1. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

His name is shade due to his pattern looks like he was drawn and shaded gray he's a male pewter from Heather herps he's gorgeous and happy to have him

Attached Files:

2. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

Says papa :)

Attached Files:

3. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Pewters are by far is one of my favorite morphs. Congrats on your new addition, I'm looking forward to seeing his pictures as he ages.

4. thinkbig317

thinkbig317 Elite Member

Very clean looking pewter! Congrats!

5. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

Thank you

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! Nice looking boy :)

7. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

Congratulations on your new addition! The pewter morph is really awesome looking. I've never taken into consideration how amazing looking that design is. Is the pewter morph an axanthic?

8. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

The pewter morph is a combination of the Pastel gene and a Cinnamon or Black Pastel gene. One of my favorite males is a Citrus pewter whiteout, his coloration is just out of this world.

The Axanthic is a Recessive gene all on its own.

9. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

He's very pretty!! I would have called him Zorro...I don't know why.. that's the name that popped into my head when I saw him. *blushes profusely*

10. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

But axanthic is the yellow being taken out right? I know its recessive, I just thought the word actually meant a lighter/missing yellow color?

11. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

You are absolutely correct the Axthantic gene removes the reddish and yellow pigmentation leaving a blackish, gray and white snake. Mind you there are some lines of the axthantic gene that tend to brown out a bit as the snake matures.

Now the pewter gene works completely different. In order to obtain pewter you need the pastel gene and either the cinnamon or black pastel gene.

Both outcomes share similarities in color but that’s pretty much where the similarity ends. The pattern for the axthantic is similar to a normal python. Now the pewters pattern is a bit different, if I were to describe it I would say someone got a normal python and washed away its pattern with a brush lol. Not to mention both genes require completely different ingredients.

12. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

Yeahhhh... I have quite a bit of studying to do the next two years. Hahahaha. So the pewter gene is completely separate from the axanthic gene? Is the axanthic gene taking effect in this particular snake? Confusion has taken play. xD