This Disappears When Logged In

New Acquisitions!

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Dragoness, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Got 3 new snakes today. Heard from a friend of a relative of a friend that someone had some snakes they no longer wanted, and my contact information was forwarded. After a few setbacks through the winter, I finally made plans to pick up these lovely snakes.

All 3 appear to be in great health, clean, well-fed, and in great shape, no signs of parasites, illness, or anything.

Picture time!
    3.16.14 090.jpg
    one of the corn snakes. I was told what morph it was, but I forgot.
    3.16.14 099.jpg
    The other corn snake. Again, I was told what morph they were, but I forgot. Confound my memory.
    3.16.14 101.jpg 3.16.14 102.jpg
    This boy is 100% het pied from BHB reptiles. Now I'm in the market for a nice het girl.

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Very nice Jen, you`re a lucky girl and they`re lucky snakes to have been where you could find them! ;)
    You`re collection just grows and grows, how about a monitor next?

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

A monitor NEEDS to be in the works. My cockroaches are breeding far too fast for my bearded dragon alone to keep up with them! Therefore, I need a monitor who would enjoy Madagascar Hissing cockroaches with some regularity. NEED/ How else am I supposed to keep this colony manageable?

But before that, my floors NEED work so they can support the weight of a proper cage. That project is slated for this summer.

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on the new guys! They very nice and lucky to end with you. Wish I would get lucky and have someone give me some :( If you're looking for a female, I can see this is where you go down hill like the rest of us!!! lol!

5. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

It's funny how snakes and herps in general are addictive to us while most people are terrified by them. I am glad to see these guys got a good home.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I think your corns are a bloodred and a charcoal but I'm probably wrong.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Bloodred sounds right.

I think the other was a ghost?

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Looks a lot like mine. I know there can be some really fine differences between some morphs, so I'm not horribly worried about it, and I don't plan on breeding either of them, so I guess it isn't crucial, but still would be cool to know.

We gotta come up with names for these guys! (all of them are in fact male.)

Suggestions? Haven't handled much because they need to settle in, and get through quarantine.

Thinking of "Cocoa" for the ghost-like corn, because he looks speckly, like someone dusted him with cocoa, but it isn't set in stone.