This Disappears When Logged In

New 8 legged friends!

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Bitis Gabonica, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

:D We failed the 12-step programme miserably again, when we went to the pet shop on Saturday and came home with 3 new tarantulas.. a chile rose (Grammostola rosea), a French Guiana blue fang spiderling (Ephebopus cyanognathus), and a togo starburst spiderling (Heteroscodra maculata) :p

The spiderlings are way too small to take pictures of right now unfortunately,. hopefully in a few months when they are more visible to the eye we can get some shots of our own :p For now, here are some pics off the net to show how they look/will look when they are bigger..

First, a blue fang spiderling, courtesy of swiftinverts.com
    Second - another blue fang spiderling, courtesy of gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Third is a photo of a mature female togo starburst, courtesy of gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk
    Fourth is a photo of a mature male togo starburst, courtesy of gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

And finally, a pic of our own!! - our beautiful chile rose :) For an arachnophobe not too bad eh! I have held her, although for now we are leaving her to settle into her new home so no handling shots yet. Enjoy! :)

Attached Files:

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Ah Rachel, you crack me up. They are beautiful. I am looking for that Cobalt T. I will eventually get it.

3. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Cool Rachel, I must say, I really like the blue fang, hmmmm,

(watch this space)

they are absolutely gorgeous, and your chile rose of course is a lil diamond, you got names yet, I called my new one Starling :D

4. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

their cool im not usually a spider person but i really like the female togo

5. Bitis Gabonica

Thanks guys, they are stunning Ts!

Donna, no permanent names yet, although my little brother gave them their aka. names as we allow him to do with the animals :p So for now they are aka. Ed, Edd and Eddy :D

6. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Beautiful Ts Rachel. Can't wait to see yours someday! I like them all, but if I could, I'd get an Avicularia versicolor. You should get one so you can show me pics and make me jealous :p

7. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Well Bitis..... I hate to be the one to tell you but....you will never graduate our 12 step progam! :p LOL
    I don't think you wantto graduate anyhow, but just in case ya did! ;) lol

I'm not a T person either but they can live at your house and I'll admire them from here ;)

8. Bitis Gabonica

Oh, *sob* you're right.. I'm sooooo ashamed!!!! :p

I'm not much of a spider person,. I figured my Ts might help cure my completely irrational fear, but it's not working. How can i handle a 3-4 inch tarantula but run screaming from a house spider??? :D

9. Bitis Gabonica

Latest pics of the chile rose!! - she savaged two crickets the other night, and tonight gently took this pinkie from the tweezers,.. so cool to watch! Sorry the pics are a little blurred.

And.. erm,. oops guess what we got tonight... two more Ts!!! A greenbottle blue spiderling and a suntiger spiderling - again no pics as with the other two, they are just too small to catch on camera at the mo but once they are a bit bigger I'll be taking over the forum with arachnids :p Third pic is one of an adult greenbottle blue, courtesy of http://www.bighairyspiders.com and 4th pic is of an adult suntiger courtesy of http://www.bighairyspiders.com - hopefully what ours should look like.. :)

Attached Files:

10. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Look, now Rachel and Joe have a million and one pets! :p Congrats guys :)

11. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

lol, Rachel, I don't think we've had a bigger failure to the 12 step program. You're the queen! :p lol, how much are you paying for all these Ts?! Back in ND, it was pretty hard to find anything but red-knees, rose-hairs, and zebras.

12. Bitis Gabonica

LOL :D Thanks guys!! *Applause as Rachel picks up the trophy for winning biggest failure of the 12-step programme* :p

Matt.. the Ts cost us: chile rose = £12.50 ($20?), blue fang = £16 ($30?), togo starburst = £8 ($15?), greenbottle = £16 ($30?), suntiger = £16 ($30?).. we can get pretty much anything over here! They are so cool. I am going to try my hardest to get pics later of the spiderlings but I think they are too small to show up clearly. I am impressed by them though!! :D

13. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Wow, yeah, T's are more expensive over here, but a big part of that is that the ones in the pet stores back home are always s. Never seen a juvie in a store before in ND.

14. Bitis Gabonica

We managed to get some pics of the spiderlings!! :D Unfortunately one is missing - the togo starburst has gone into hiding so we were unable to get a pic of him/her, but here are the other three...

Pics 1, 2, 3 - blue fang
    Pic 4 - greenbottle blue
    Pic 5 - suntiger

Cute little fellas,. even the extremely aggressive greenbottle who attacked the cotton bud as Joe attempted to change his water source :p

Attached Files:

15. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Awsome pics Rach, and to think you thought they wouldnt take good pics, they are good ones, I love em, cant wait to see them bigger too :D Ahhh but i get to see them in person too, hee hee :D

16. Ace

Ace Elite Member

great pics

They are all lovely! :D

17. Bitis Gabonica

Hehe thanks guys! More to come when the togo finally comes out of hiding :p

Names, names!!

The chile rose is now Earth,
    The togo starburst is now Winter,
    The greenbottle blue is now Autumn,
    The suntiger is Fire,
    The blue fang is Ocean :)

18. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

great pics everyone

19. Bitis Gabonica

More updates!! These guys are so cool! I still can't get over my arachnophobia but i'm in love with my Ts!! Never would have thought it.. :D

Anyway, the blue fang has had it's first molt for us!! Not a vast difference in size or appearance, and we can't get the skin out as yet since it has pushed it to the side where it is chilling out and resting :D

Oh, and I wasn't supposed to announce this until December.. but he guessed and I caved!! :p My Xmas present for Joe.. an indian ornamental spiderling!! :D They are his all-time faves, and I finally felt ready to try another, after our misfortune with India :( Feeding time later for the greedy little beauty (who gobbled down 2 crix a couple of days after I got it!), so pics soon!! :D

Oh, by the way, the indian ornamental is named Sky!

20. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Awww Rach, Joe guessed didnt he, :p bet you dropped loads of hints lol, and to think what we went through to get rid of him while you bought it lol, :eek: its all good fun, well joe you got all your little Ts now, :) dont think Rachel could of carried on feeding the little guy on her own until xmas lol, and she couldnt find a suitable hiding place, so i guessed you would end up with it before xmas.

They are beautiful Rach, i'm in love with mine too, and if my chile is getting ready to molt, wooohooo, i'm going to try and sex it from the skin to make sure it is female, I was told she was when i bought her.

You should handle you chile a bit more, to cure your arachnophobia, just ignore the fangs lol :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.