This Disappears When Logged In

Need to Bomb House

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by corrinas2, Oct 18, 2011.

1. corrinas2

corrinas2 New Member

need to bomb for insects in my house.. have a redtail and 2 balls... how do i do it......

2. justor

justor Elite Member

First of all you obviously need a place to keep your snakes for an entire day so hopefully you have that worked out. Is the bomb for mites or something snake related, or just pests in your house? If it's just for bugs in general then it would be best for you to take their enclosures with you, or at least put them outside so they don't get exposed to the chemicals. For mites it would be a little more complicated...

3. corrinas2

corrinas2 New Member

its for pests in general.... havent had any mites as of yet with them....

4. justor

justor Elite Member

Good to hear!

All you need to do is get them out of the house before you set off the bomb. The earlier the better because they're not gonna be able to go back in for at least a good 8 hours. If you have a backyard you could probably just keep them out there in their enclosures for the day. I'm sure the weather in Pensacola is pretty snake friendly. Or maybe you can take them to a family/friend/neighbors house for a while. Either way, like I said before, It would be best if you can remove the enclosures from the house to avoid having to clean the heck out of 'em.

Then just follow the directions on the bomb. Turn off A/C, close windows etc. and set it (or them) off and let it soak for at least 4 hours, longer is better. And then after that go in (I would try and hold your breath) and open all your doors and windows, and turn on any ceiling fans and let it air out. Keep your A/C off until the house is fully aired out. It will most likely take several more hours. Even after you cannot smell anything I would give it another hour or so before bringing the snakes back. Oh and make sure you give the house a good clean as well after it's done airing out.

5. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

And don't forget to cover any surfaces or appliances used for food preparation!

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

also, if you have fish tanks, make sure you cover them VERY VERY well, Many bombs contain Permethrin, which will kill everything in your tank if it gets in.

But yeah, just get the animals out, and you may want to wipe down surfaces afterwards (food prep surfaces, insides of cages and water bowls, etc,) before reintroducing the animal. Read the label on the bomb, it should give instructions also.