This Disappears When Logged In

Need Input on Enclosures

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by sled, Sep 1, 2012.

1. sled

sled New Member

Hi, about a month ago I purchased an Amazon Tree Boa (Garden phase), and I want to either build or purchase a larger cage than what I have it in. My issue is I am not sure what the minimum size of the habitat should be for when its an adult. (right now it is still a baby around 1-1.5 ft. long). According t o the care sheets I have read on them most seem to say they should be 5-6 ft. tall, 3 ft. long, and 2-3 ft. wide. However I have seen pictures and videos of other tree boas (and tree pythons) as adults in habitats smaller than that. Does anyone have any info on this, and/or pictures of similar habitats they may have?

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

The thing with Emeralds and Green trees is that they are very sedentary snakes. Once they "perch" they don't wonder about too much unless they're hungry and even then only to hang down and wait for their meal. They stay curled up on their perches and I would say almost prefer not to move. I don't know much about Amazons but that is why the others do so well in smaller spaces. As with all snakes though I think the more space you can give them given your own space avalability the better. If you're only going to have one then you could give her more room. From what i hear of them though they take a while to grow so you have time to build one. It may give you a better set up if you do it yourself.... if I find more info I'll get back to you