This Disappears When Logged In

Need Help Occupying Tank!

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Shay McFroge, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Shay McFroge

Shay McFroge New Member

6 months ago my female crested gecko Otis died, after she succumbed her tank has been sitting empty and I have decided that I want to put another friend in the tank, but I have run across a predicament, I have no idea what to put in! I could but another crestie in but I would like some variety, though if push comes to shove I will put another in. This tank is 24 L x 18 H x 12 W, all glass with a screen cover on the top. I am open to any suggestions you all have but I do have certain limitations; their are small children in my house and I would not want anything that is aggressive that could potentially scare/hurt them nor do I want something that will break the bank. I'm relatively new to owning pets so I don't want anything that is difficult to care for and most definitely no snakes/spiders. All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Mr. McFroge ;)

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

The problem I see here is that the tank is really too small for most species, and some of the ones that would be suitable will need a sizeable investment in other equipment, like UV lighting for anoles. A leopard gecko would be another choice, but it still won't be as easy to care for as the crestie, and won't really make much use of the extra height of the cage. Can't really think of anything else, hopefully someone will come up with something.

3. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

There are a handful of small lizard types that could fit the build, but just barely.
    Grass Lizard comes to mind, along with some smaller skinks.

Small tanks are very limiting and can be stressful to critters that naturally have a large foraging range.

Darkbird likes this.
  4. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

A house gecko or green/brown anoles. Maybe even a whites tree frog but you'd have to cover the screen top. But like the others said, look into the animal you want and put money into that instead of trying to fit something into the tank you have.