This Disappears When Logged In

Need good homes for my boas...

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by mshrmheadcharge, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I have 5 boas that need good homes, a female Suriname RTB, male and female Hogg island boas,female peruvian RTB and a male columbian RTB. They are up for grabs- you pay the price of shipping and thats it. If anyone is interested send me a PM and Ill give you pics of the one youre interested in. The reason I need to find new homes for them is because Im moving in 2 weeks and cant bring them with me.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Make sure you try to screen the potential new owners Sav. As shady as this practice is, some people will take them off your hands so they can turn around and sell them for a profit. While they do this, don't expect them all to be living in the ideal habitat. It is purely for funding and nothing more. There are stories about this all over the net. (Thats why you should always avoid those users that post things like "I will take all of your reptiles and give them a good home....".) Do you really think those people have the ability to adequately house 15 incoming reptiles that we don't even know they can care for properly? I highly doubt that. lol

3. mshrmheadcharge

Yeah I know what you mean Rich...Ive got a little "test" Im gonna be giving people who are interested. If they cant answer the questions they dont get the snake...I was trying to find temporary homes for them but the woman Im gonna be renting from wont allow herps :(

4. Rainforest1

Rainforest1 Active Member

Im intersted in the hogg island boas-I would be keeping them at a reptile zoo,since we dont have any.PM me with any questions.

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Sav,,,we can work something out. I can even pick em up so you need not worry about shipping

6. mshrmheadcharge

Ken youre amazing :)

7. Cali

Cali Elite Member

oh sav im so sorry you have to part with your boa's! its also a shame im here in the uk as i would definatley have one of your hogg's or libby! then i would be able to keep you updated and post pics etc but im in the UK!!! which totally sucks! hope it all goes well for you and they go to a good home!

8. thejoie

thejoie Elite Member

:( *hug* I know how hard it must be. Hang in there girl!

9. ddakota10530

ddakota10530 Well-Known Member

sorry for your situation.. i know the feeling im in the same boat... BUT my landlord doesnt know about my babies..yet!!!! and he hates snakes!!! so we'll see what will happen if he finds out....if i had room i would help... if i hear if anyone looking i'll let them know to get on here..

Sorry Tim

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

It looks almost certain that I will be able to take all of Savs snakes. I also promissed her that when she gets back on her feet that i will gladly return them, Hopefully a win/win situation for all. Plus I'm close enough to pick them up from her so she need not worry about the dreaded "shipping stress"

11. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Oh,,,,,by the way,,,,if I get them to breed......I keep the babies !!!!!!

12. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Understood Ken, how nice of you to do this for Savannah....:)

13. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

ken is a champ!

14. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I start building the required shelves/tables tomorrow,,,,well actually when Sav lets me know the tank sizez (hint hint)

15. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

It is so hard to get rid of a pet. So many memories.

16. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

Aww Sav - big hugs for you - it must be really hard parting with your babies :( :(

Ken - bigs hugs for you too - how sweet of you to be such a good friend and take care of the little (or not so little lol) ones for sav while she gets sorted :) A mark of a true gent that is :) :)

And a couple of hugs for everyone else too cos I am feeling affectionate today ;)

17. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

thats a shame that you have to get rid of them but at least you know they'll be going to a great home. good luck and hopefully later on you can enjoy them again. :)

18. jcr

jcr Active Member

I'm glad to hear how this worked out. Good luck to both of you.

19. The D

The D Mango Empress

horray for good homes for the monsters! =^.^=

20. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

WoooHooo you rock ken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.