This Disappears When Logged In

My vivs 6/16--large pics

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by CodyW, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

New dart frog viv- Hopefully have some frogs in mid July.
    Substrate=Clay (kitty litter)
    Light= 65 watt CF
    Features=False bottom, ultrasonic humidifier (still in the works), Pneumatic rain (need bigger pump).
    Plants=pteria fern, sellaginalla species, peperomia (watermelon plant), F. Benjamina, two unidentified tillandsias. and two unidentified mosses.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Looks awesome as usual Cody !!!! when are you going to visit me and teach me to build one as nice ???

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Cody, It looks fantastic. You are truly talented. Cant wait till you add your frogs.

4. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Crested Gecko Viv

Light= 23 watt spiral fluroescent
    Substrate=Coco husk, Milled sphangum, Sand, tree fern. Topped with magnolia and oak leaves. Bottom layer of terra-lite.
    Plants= F. benjamina, Hoya rubra(2X), begonia, and assorted tillandsias.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Awesome. Let me give you my shipping address..:)

6. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

D. Auratus Viv

Light= 2' Sunshine Flourescent tubes
    Substrate=Atlanta botanical gardens mix bought from T&C terrariums
    Features=False bottom
    Plants= Sellaginalla unicata, Java moss, arrowhead plant, and I completely forgot the name of the two plants in the middle :eek:
    This is about 2 months ago
    [​IMG]

This is from today
    [​IMG]

7. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

absolutely beautiful.

8. deltro_star

deltro_star Elite Member

Awesome as usual bro! if you do ID your Airplant let me know Ive got a dart frog Viv project coming up in October (possiblty for a D. Pumillo Colony :D ), Ill keep you posted.

9. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Very nice Cody!!

Keep thinking of setting up a planted viv for a while now...but alas the time just isn't there....I'll just admire yours untill then :D

10. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Thank you for the compliments! :)

Ron, tillandsia's don't fare too well in dart frog vivs, it is hard to get the humidity right for both the tillandsias and frogs (frogs like it way higher than tillandsias). You have alot of options for epiphytes though. I may be getting pum's for this viv, I haven't decided.

Joe, if you don't have time its all the more reason to set one up. :D Once established, they're maitanance free, aside from trimming, but I look forward to doing that.

11. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

They look great, but I'm still trying to figure out why there is a bowling ball in the D. Auratus Viv. lmao

12. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Come on Jay! Thats a coconut hut. :D

13. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

I wish i could make something like that for my blue-tailed glider but i wouldn't know where to begin. can dart frogs make any use of all that vertical space? or is that area just for the plants?

14. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

They look amazing Cody! You do great work. I can't wait to see pics of the frogs in there when you get them... They're going to have a good life with you!!!

15. Joe

Joe Elite Member

It depends which dart frogs you get, some need the height some need a more terrestrial viv.
    Yeah I know, but like Jade said I wouldn't know where to begin. I want some day gex (don't worry rach not just yet :D ) so I wouldn't mind having a go at putting a nice display viv together for them.

16. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Great looking vivs, specially the crested's =)
    Hope I have some new pics to share soon, I'm going out today to buy the rest of the plants I need for my big terrarium.

Ps: almost forgot, the tall ones are 20 ga tanks like you have told us in the other thread right?

17. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Thank you for the compliments.

Thumbnail species of dartfrogs almost all occupy the vertical space, no problems for me, I really wanted some thumbs :) .

I should have included sizes. The cresty tank is a 20, the new vert is either a 25 or 30, and the dart frog is a 10.

Joe and Jade, are you guys serious you don't know where to begin? Begin with me! :) I'll get you started.

Ric, you too, get to work. =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.