This Disappears When Logged In

My turtle dock

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Jade, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

i made my RES a new dock after she sund the zoomed dock and didnt use teh bamboo one i made her,this one was very simple i took a peice of scrap plexi and trimmed it to fit in the tank then i clamped it to a work table and ran a torch over it carefully! and slowly bent it a little at a tie until i had the angle i wanted for the ramp
    then i drilled holes around the sides of it
    i cut a peice of plastic fencing left over from the Iguanas cage to fit eh top and ziptied it down through the holes. i took anouth zipties for each corner and stuck them through the holes so that teh head of the tie was under the dock to keep the tie from slipping through the hole and the tail end was though the screen ontop of the tank with the head of another ziptie attached to secure it
    im going to drill holes in the lip around the tank and hang the dock from that so it wont move everytime i open the tank but thats good enough for now, the waters nasty becuase my filter broke down, i have to change the water alot for now until i get it fixed
    [​IMG]

2. deltro_star

deltro_star Elite Member

Jade that a very ingenious idea there are you going to do anything with that wire fencing to make it more natural looking? Those big holes give me tons of ideas, :rolleyes: maybe even stuffing aquatic plants through the mesh please keep us posted if you decide to. :D

3. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

well for right now my only goal is getting it hung off the lip of the tank instead of from the screen. im sure she'll eat or destroy anyplants i try to put in there so im not sure if i can do anything with it, for now i prefer to keep it easy to clean. maybe once her filters running

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.