This Disappears When Logged In

My Tree Frogs and Viv #1

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by 0Amy0, Nov 8, 2013.

1. 0Amy0

0Amy0 Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! I am new and wanted to share a few pictures of my gray tree frogs and their vivs :)

This is my 35 gal hex tank. I have my 3 adult female gray tree frogs in here. This pic is pretty old now there is a photos plant that has grown up the branches a bit

IMG_2820.jpg

P8072785.jpg

And here are the girls -

Paddy, my favorite, she was my first and was given to me by a friend who knew that I loved tree frogs but was intimidated by their care. She is never shy and while I don't typically handle her, she doesn't mind when I do need to pick her up for some reason or another. She is the most aggressive and quite a piglet.

IMG_2814.jpg

When I first got her (she's come a long way!) -

248453_10150194121481976_625681975_7528944_3094740_n.jpg

Willow, the smallest of my females -

IMG_2815.jpg

Silvermist, the water bug. When I first got her, I thought there was something wrong with her because she is pretty much ALWAYS in the water. I've had her for 2 years though, and she still sits in the water all day and seems healthy -

IMG_2829.jpg

I have another viv with the baby, Cricket. She/he is in a 20 gallon tall tank, I will have to get pictures of that one since I don't have any online. I got Cricket from a neighbor who found him/her in their basement. The poor baby was really skinny and unhealthy looking. It's skin was tight from not having shed and I wasn't sure that it would even live. I've had Cricket for about 2 months, we started with pinheads and it now eats small-med crickets. It seems very healthy and has gotten nice and fat. So far, there has been no chirping even though it has grown considerably, so I'm thinking I may have another female!

Thanks for looking!!

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That is a beautiful enclosure! Thanks for sharing!

3. 0Amy0

0Amy0 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Rich! I spent a lot of time, research and money creating that :) My frogs seem to be very happy in there. I should post a picture of my first viv one day. It was a 10 gallon wide aquarium with sphagnum moss, a log hide, a super shallow water dish and no plants or branches! I had gone to petsmart and that's what they told me was good for a tree frog! Luckily, I learned quickly that wasn't an appropriate habitat before any health issues arose as a result.

4. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice!!! Your hard work and time has paid off, I have three live Vivs and I know the time and work it takes

5. 0Amy0

0Amy0 Well-Known Member

Thank you Rojo! It has become fairly self maintaining at this point. The pothos was probably the best plant I could put in there because it's really increased the live plant coverage. The broms are nice, I have one in there now and even my fat gray tree frogs will wiggle themselves between the leaves to soak up water. My other live viv is mostly just bamboo plants and live moss because I wanted easy hunting for the baby and wanted to be able to track her down quickly. When she is big enough, I will put her in with the other girls :) Right now I'm afraid that they'd eat her!

ETA: I also bowl feed them now, so there are no more escaped crickets or vitamin dusted plants. Every once in a while, a cricket still escapes, but at least my plants aren't covered in white dust anymore.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very Impressive. Thanks for sharing it!