This Disappears When Logged In

My Son's Birthday Present!

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by BeckyJ, Sep 29, 2011.

1. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Elite Member

Leonardo (Leo for short) was dumped at the pet store about a month and a half ago. The original owner had been talking to one of the employees (Jeff) for a while before that about trying to re-home the snake, but was having no luck. When moving day arrived he just walked in with the little guy, set him on the counter (no container of any sort) and walked out. We don't know how old he is, or even if he is definitely a male. Jeff took him home for a while to make sure he was healthy, and on Tuesday gave him to my son for his 11th birthday! Monkey is super excited and totally head over heals in love with him.

Monkey named him after Leonardo, even though Michelangelo is his favorite turtle. ;) And he set up the enclosure himself. Leo came with the tank, top, and background, but Monkey put everything else in and got it all ready. There is also a fluorescent light on top now, because it was determined the spot we have him in is to dark to get a good light cycle. So the light goes on at 730 as we head out the door and off at 730 before getting ready for bed. We also have a digital thermometer, not in the picture, and the heat lamp is on a dimmer switch to adjust the temp.

Attached Files:

2. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

What a handsome snake! Your son looks very happy! :D Good luck with the new guy :D

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What a lucky boy, I would just love a present like that for my birthday! Sounds like they are getting along well, love the last picture of Monkey and Leonardo:)

4. BeckyJ

BeckyJ Elite Member

He is pretty isn't he. I love that his stripes are so clean. My rosy has zig-zaggy stripes. He is super happy.. this is going to be the most worked with snake ever.. he's constantly wanting to hold him. :)

That is my favorite picture, he looks so happy in it. Monkey doesn't like it for some reason. My mom says it makes her scared that the snake will attack his eye. She's kind of paranoid about snakes though. :D

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Love his coloring! :)Good luck with him. I always like seeing how they can all be so different.