This Disappears When Logged In

My Snake Room..

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Infernalis, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Infernalis

Infernalis Elite Member

I guess this is where this goes....

This is the south facing wall, each enclosure labeled. The sack is rat feed. The only cages with screen tops are the garter snakes, the others have wood tops with minimal or no vents. The royal (BP) cage has a UTH and no vents, I take the cover off once a day to change his water, but any vents lets the humidity out. The whole room is maintained at 80 degrees, it saves on heating each cage individually.

We abandoned the jungle mural until I can paint the whole room, the wallpaper is yellowing. We also want to replace the carpet with linoleum. I putter with this as time & money permits.

[​IMG]

Center 2 tanks - garter snakes

[​IMG]

Try not to laugh at my table, I put it together entirely of scraps and legs from a school desk. It's strong and holds up that big heavy cage and that's what I needed it to do.

[​IMG]

A corner table I made, this one has LED lighting, I left the flash off on purpose.

[​IMG]

For feedings, I can roll the cart into the middle of the room and go to work. The spaces under the floors are great for storing things like meds, extra water bowls, stuff like that.

They are all garter snakes. Babies and yearlings.

[​IMG]

There is also enclosures in the living room, on my computer desk, and sometimes on the kitchen table.

2. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

I love your hex tank. Lol.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice snake room, they are so lucky!

4. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Very cool room (or warm, since it is 80 degrees, lol). Don't worry about what we think your tables look like, functionality is what it is all about. If it works, use it. I personally think your room is great and I can't wait until I can have mine done.

5. Infernalis

Infernalis Elite Member

Mine is never done, I am always moving stuff around in there. My cage needs change frequently.

6. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

You're lucky you can put aside a room for your snakes! My herps just go in the living room where my long suffering herp-phobe housemate will have to put up with them! Great room and collection anyways!

7. dreke89

dreke89 Member

vary nice, after i get done with college i am going to start a reptile room aswel

8. Infernalis

Infernalis Elite Member

Mom used to have that as her "show living room" meaning no one ever went in there, when she passed my sister wanted the furniture, so I had this 12x18 empty room, it just seemed logical to fill it with snake vivs.

9. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice herp room!

10. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

very lucky to have a whole room! I dream of when I have that much room for all the herps I want. My little space is still a work in progress that always seems to be falling further and further behind :)

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yours is a lot neater and better organized than mine.
    I have stuff stacked everywhere!
    Of course it doesn't help that my wife tends to use it as her catch all room.
    In other words if something is in HER way,....
    guess where it goes!

12. Infernalis

Infernalis Elite Member

I'm the one getting stuff in her way here, I'll feed snakes on the kitchen table, leave vivs in the hallway... She's really patient with me though.