This Disappears When Logged In

My Savu Pythons: Sabu & Soviette

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by Murder Serpent, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murder Serpent

Murder Serpent Elite Member

Sabu:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Soviette:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a little info f.y.i.
    General information:

The Savu Python was discovered in 1993. Sawu Python is another name for the Savu Python because it originates from the island of Sawu which lies off of the coast of New Guinea. This is the only place where a Savu Python can be found, therefore it has the smallest geographical distribution of any python species. Because of this small range the wild population has been negatively affected by collecting for the pet trade. Restrictions are often placed on the exportation of the Savu Python so they are not caught just for the money.

Special anatomical, physiological
    or behavioral adaptations:

Savu Pythons are sometimes very hard to find in the wild because they like to hide beneath rocks and shrubs. They need some type of bedding to lie on, something they are able to "hide" themselves in or under, but they need easy access to water. As hatchlings and juveniles, the pythons will eat small fuzzy mice and as they get older the food will progress to small rats and sometimes medium size rats.

The temperament of the Savu Python varies from individual to individual just like people do. When found in the wild they are usually more tempermental than in captivity because they will tend to stay around their nests to guard their young. Most hatchlings are said to be snappy and fiesty, but tend to calm down as adults. At the time they are adults they are more used to their surroundings but are very territorial.

Savu Python: WhoZoo

2. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Beautiful! I've never seen that kind of python before :)

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Very nice !!!!! thanks for sharing.

4. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

great pics :)

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Purrrrrdy :)

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

a friend of mine had a couple of younger ones and boy were they fiesty! lol, nippy little stinkers but really pretty. :)

thanks for sharing.

7. RedLocks

RedLocks Elite Member

Nice! They are beautiful! I love the names, too...particularly Soviette...that is lovely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.