This Disappears When Logged In

My Rescue Pine and Gopher Snakes...

Discussion in 'Pituophis (Pines, Bulls, Gophers)' started by KDReptiles, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDReptiles

KDReptiles Active Member

Well, they cane from two different places, and both have two very different stories.

The pine snake was being taken care of VERY well by her last owner. She was very loved. She went missing one day (in October) when his kids let her out of her cage. They didn't ever expect to find her after 2 months of searching. They had sold her cage and supplies. Then, on Saturday, she showed up in one of the guy's breeding mice tubs. She had eaten two of his daughter's favorite mice! LOL... But since they did not have the setup for her anymore, she was kept in a backpack until the next day, when I could take her.

The Bull snake was a pet store drop off. Apparently, the owner of the pet store knew him (vaguely) and remembered he was apparently "good" with reptiles. Well, he dropped off two ball pythons and this bull snake to her, who are all in horrid conditions. Very skinny and dehydrated, the Bull snake also has Stomatitis. This bull snake used to be considered "meanest snake in the world", but has never tried to bite or even shown any aggression other than a small uncomfortable hiss whenever I have to mess with him too much.

They are both on the road to recovery and should get much better soon!

Pine snake (hard to get pics of a 6 foot snake!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bull snake (if it gives you an idea on how skinny he is... he is 5 feet long and 247 grams..)
    [​IMG]

2. KDReptiles

KDReptiles Active Member

Ha! I keep calling him a Gopher snake... Oops! I don't know why I do that - I know he's a bull snake but I never say it LOL

3. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Very nice looking snakes. I love the all black pine :)

4. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

aw they are cute

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

aww, that poor snake!

I once took in a snake (ball python) with cigarette burns. I never will understand how people can abuse or neglect animals so much.

6. KDReptiles

KDReptiles Active Member

Thanks!
    Dragoness... That is absolutely HORRIBLE...
    I have seen very severe cases of neglect... to where they were almost dead or died shortly after rescuing them (only twice has an animal died on me, I knew both times they didn't have much hope).... But never have I seen ABUSE like that! Cigarette burns?!?! That's sickening.

7. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That is horrible. :(

8. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Cigarette burns, UGHH, my Wing and Prayer have scars from those. Also my Oscar has a few on his shell. It just makes me sick!

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I know people (children, or they were children back when the marks were fresh) with cigarette burns as well - on their back, clearly not put there by their own hand.

The CWD I took in, I wasn't sure she would survive the week, but she has pulled through amazingly.

I'm glad yours are doing so well. It's always heartening to see them make a very good recovery. For those less fortunate, at least their suffering is over.

10. Murder Serpent

Murder Serpent Elite Member

11. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

It is always so sad to see an animal mostreated so badly- but I am sure you will be able to turn the gopher snake around.with time and TLC. Good luck and keep us posted.

12. KDReptiles

KDReptiles Active Member

Really? Argh, that makes me even more confused! Lol. I thought for sure he was a Bull. The last owner said so too, although with how they took care of them, I don't want to trust his word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.