This Disappears When Logged In

My Pacman Frog Died

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by reptile_kid, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reptile_kid

reptile_kid Elite Member

I thought pacman frogs where the best beginner frogs.I've had two,but both of them died in about a month.Is there any other frog that would be easy to care for?

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Re: My Pacman Frog Died.

I am sorry to hear about that! Can you tell us how how you were keeping them?

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Right now there is a fungus going around the frog trade. Give me the run down on your enclosures for them. Its possibly you were doing something wrong, but its also possible it wasn't your fault.

heat, humidity, substrate, diet, how often you fed, supplements and anything else you can think of.

4. reptile_kid

reptile_kid Elite Member

I was told to use a red nightlight,so the temperature stayed in the mid to upper 70's,I kept the humidity in the 80's,I fed him crickets and mealworms,I didn't use supplements because I gutloaded the insects,I fed him everyday,I used eco-earth,I didn't have a hide,and his water bowl wasn't deep.

5. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

Yeah might chytrid fungus...mine died of that only because the lamisil treatments were not working :S if he was shedding constantly then I believe that it was CF. Best thing to do if you want another pacman is to bleach his tank before getting another one, rinse it out , cook at around 350 bols(if they can go in the oven), décor(again if they can go in the oven). as for the prevention treatment, you do daily baths of a mix of lamisil treatment for 10 days. you need to put the frog in a hospital tank with wet paper towel and clean it everyday with bleach for the 10 days. the lamisil treatment consists of buying a spray bottle of lamisil at at the drugstore(if you live in Canada buy if off ebay) then in 1 cup of water spray the lamisil 10 times...put the frog in for 15 mins, making sure he gets some of the mix in his face and eyes. its not dangerous at all, important to do whenever you add a new frog to your collection. all my frogs were treated this way. pacman carry this disease already inside of them...they need something like stress to ''start it off'' this is why its important to treat them for this.

6. reptile_kid

reptile_kid Elite Member

He didn't shed often,but when he died there was a little cut on his back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.