This Disappears When Logged In

My Old Emperor - Vladimir Scorpiano

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Monitaire, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Monitaire

Monitaire Member

I had Vladimir Scorpiano for about 2 years. He was already past full grown when I got him. Never once molted in the 2 years I had him. He died November 21, 2012. I later encapsulated him in epoxy and he now sits on my desk.

3590buu.jpg
    30usa5s.jpg
    3519zk9.jpg
    2qkotgm.jpg
    6f4cnr.jpg

He loved to kill spiders. I caught any that were in the house occasionally and gave them to him. Usually he would get them immediately, but there was one time where a spider lived in there for a couple weeks and was eating crickets. Vlad eventually got it.

I just recently recycled his old tank to house my Nile Monitor hatchlings. Having a scorpion was cool and I handled him all the time; very docile creature, but there was always still that part of me that was scared and not 100% comfortable.

Attached Files:

2. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

I always wanted one...docile you say?

3. Monitaire

Monitaire Member

Mine was at least. Loved to crawl all over me. He only lunged at me one time ever which I believe was just stress from moving to a new tank.

4. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

That guy is cool, sorry he passed, but the epoxy idea is pretty neat.

5. Monitaire

Monitaire Member

Thanks, he was pretty awesome. I didn't want to just get rid of him so I found a way to keep him around forever :) small invertebrates being perfect for such a thing.