This Disappears When Logged In

My Next Reptile

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by wikin, Mar 3, 2015.

1. wikin

wikin Member

I have kept and bred chameleons for around 2 years and about a year ago got two beareded dragons and decided to add another one about 5 months ago so I now have 5 lizards.

I have been thinking of getting another reptile for around a month now but I still dont know what i want, I thought about a snake (something different) but i still do love lizards, I'm not to sure about tortoises and turtles. I considered frogs but i dont know really. I dont want something too expensive or large but I probably handle something a bit more advanced but I like simple things as well.

I have a fair amount of space max around 5ft though you dont have to explain about care for the animal but the personality of it would be helpful and maybe suggesting nice morphs.

2. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

a gargoyle I don't know much about them but they are cool

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

By what? 5ft long? 5 ft wide? 5 ft tall?

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

If you like to keep things simple. I would start by looking at something that has the same basic dietary requirements of something you already have. It's just easier and less time consuming.
    But if that doesn't matter. Take a look at Uromastyx. Very intelligent, comical at times and like to be hand fed. (well most that I've had)

5. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

I'm looking a lot at jeweled lacertas lately, very striking looking and they seem to have an active predatory nature that I like. If I'm reading your size bit correctly something like 5x2.5x2 or thereabouts would probably work for them. And as kriminaal points out the diet would be simple since their dietary needs will be pretty similar to your beardies and chams.

6. jayduvall

jayduvall Member

have you looked into leopard geckos or crestys

7. wikin

wikin Member

5ft long any ft tall and about 3ft back

8. wikin

wikin Member

yes I am not the greatest fan of cresties and I did look in to leopard geckos but its the fact they are nocturnal that is starting to put me of leos