This Disappears When Logged In

My new Pine

Discussion in 'Pituophis (Pines, Bulls, Gophers)' started by Jay DeMore, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Meet Kynkay, she is a paternless pinesnake that nobody wanted because she has a little kink in her tail. I adopted her (thanks to Dominick) and she is just the sweetest little thing.
    More pics are on the way.

Attached Files:

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

She's stunning Jay! And a kinked tail just adds to personality! You certainly were a busy boy with all these new reptiles! I'm so envious, they are all fantastic! :)

3. venus

venus Founding Member

I love the name. Cute snakey.

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Definately the sweetest little thing, what a beauty, never seen a pinesnake before, gorgeous :D

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Good for you Jay! Sometimes its the less than "perfect" ones that have the best character. Our male Beardie had the last inch or so of his tail bit off as a hatchling so nobody wanted him either.
    Wouldn't trade him for nothing!

6. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

You can see how minor the kink in the tail is here.

Attached Files:

• k2.JPG
      k2.JPG
      File size:
      21.4 KB
      Views:
    • k3.JPG
      k3.JPG
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
    • k4.JPG
      k4.JPG
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
    • k5.JPG
      k5.JPG
      File size:
      34.9 KB
      Views:
    • k6.JPG
      k6.JPG
      File size:
      14.7 KB
      Views:
  7. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Ooooooooooo how lovely! :D Does she hiss? :p She looks a tad skinny but that may be because I'm used to Ginger and she's kind of a heifer. Good for you!

8. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

No hissing yet, and she seems to be a healthy weight. She's penciled in to be fed tomorrow.

9. Microscope Jockey

Does she rattle at least? Sorry I like being hissed and rattled at, that's partially why I keep Pituophis :p

10. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I'm not yet sure how functional her tail is. She hasn't rattled yet but I'm hoping she does.

11. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

awwwwwwwww I want one!!!!!!!!!!
    Congats Jay

12. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Well, I guess Kynkay is settled in because she just gave me a hiss like you wouldn't believe. Funny how such a big noise can come from a sweet little snake.

13. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Elite Member

That a pretty snake. Can't say I have ever seen one of those before. Isn't it kinda funny that people can simply disregard the animals with problems. I think it gives them character.

14. Microscope Jockey

That's great! :D You will soon adjust and find that being hissed at is a very charming experience :p

15. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

I have always wondered how good captives these make. Has this one tried to bite you?

16. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

No biting yet!!

17. Microscope Jockey

Mine doesn't bite. She just pretends to be scary. Has she rattled yet Jay or does the kinked tail not work?

18. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Update

She rattles, she hisses and she just ate 2 f/t fuzzies. I will try to get some updated pics as soon as she digests a little bit.

19. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

She's beautiful Jay: I love the close up pic of her head... It's so interesting how different the scale patterns and head shapes are on different snakes.
    I agree that the tail just gives her character.
    I'm glad you were able to give her a good home.
    The hissing thing is scary. Of my snakes, only Q hisses (although it sounds more like puffing) and it's a surprisingly loud sound!

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Jay sounds like she is doing great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.