This Disappears When Logged In

My New Carpets Are Home!

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by xsivie, Sep 25, 2014.

1. xsivie

xsivie Member

I just picked up the two carpets I have been looking at. The guy said they are jag x jungle jag. I am already on love! The male is a little bit nippy, he took a few shots at me and missed. The female is mellow and just looking around. They are a little smaller than my pinky at their thickest point. I am astonished at how much strength these little snakes have! The male wrapped around/through my fingers while I was transferring them to their temp tanks and after a short time he had my fingers purple and throbbing.

I snapped a few pics but I will get some better ones when they are settled in. The female has amazing linear striping down the side.

Attached Files:

2. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Looking good! Welcome to carpets, they are a blast!

3. Pituophis

Pituophis Active Member

Beautiful snakes, stock up on alcohol swabs haha

4. xsivie

xsivie Member

Lol, so the female is really mellow so far, she just hangs out but keeps an eye on anything moving. The male lines me up everytime I walk by. He has taken several shots at me while I am in the cage taking care of water and what not. Lucky for me he doesn't have very good aim yet.

I offered them a mouse fuzzy last night and the male ate straight away, the female refused so I will give her a little more time and offer again.