This Disappears When Logged In

My new Blood. Python that is.

Discussion in 'Blood Pythons' started by Og_, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Pics,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He nipped me real good on the get go, But no hard feelings!
    Sorry all my pics are full of glare. You' all (Ya'll) will just have to educate me on taking good pictures! These were taken with a 7 meg.

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Nice coloration,,,congrats

3. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Wow!! You are gutsy,, those things have the personality of Jack the Ripper:D

They are absolutely beautiful none the less. I got one of those in a few years back,, what a nightmare, lol.

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And use a back drop that is not glaringly white.
    Pretty snake though!

6. venus

venus Founding Member

Beautiful. Bloods are gorgeous pythons.

7. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

That's a good guide, Lacey. Although, I've seen some really amazing centered photos. But those of from professionals who intend them to be that way. The rule of thirds is good for everyone to keep in mind.

I think for most people with a point and shoot camera, remember contrasts. If your subject is light, shoot it on a dark background. If your subject is dark, shoot it on a light background. You can experiment a lot with shading the area, or light in the room, as well. You'll notice a difference in photo quality right away.

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

very pretty. a friend of mine had a blood awhile back that got to be a good size. very pretty and friendly and gave great neck massages lol. good luck with him :)

9. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Um, Yeah, The rule of thirds is a great idea! But, When dealing with a snake that is not in the mood for posing(That IS blood on my knuckle if you didn't notice.)...
    But I did just get him home. They put him in a cloth sack for me to take him home. I opened the sack and POW, he tagged me. Eh, No worries though. I work in the welding and metals industry. At least for the last 10 years, I've always had some kind of minor wound under healing.
    Believe me, I tiny speck of molten metal the size of a grain of sand landing on your bare skin is much more painful than a python bite.

But, Anyway. I think that I erred using a pure white surface.
    I'm going to be trying different things to put him on for contrast and using different lighting conditions with and without the flash.
    I'll try taking pics under the natural sunshine here since we're having record breaking high temps here around the Atlanta area (75 degrees in december!).
    hopefully I'll get some good pics.

10. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

i love bloods might get one when i have money and time.

11. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

Pretty blood... My fave python... even tho they can be 110% bad attitude lol (maybe thats what draws me to them)

12. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Some better pics. At least somewhat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Merlin

Better but still getting a bit of glare. Have you tried turning off the flash?
    Another trich you might try is to take a small peice of tissue paper and cover the flash opening to diffuse the light.
    Good looking blood by any means!

14. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

I am so envious! I've always wanted a blood, but everyone always told me they were really mean and I wouldn't like one, I would have had trouble giving one up, even if it was mean. My daughter always wanted a green tree python, but the breeders we know say that everyone of there's is a big time biter. The one family owned store near us just got a few bloods in, I have my eye on one, but with the season am out of $$$ to work with.

15. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I've learned when handling this snake to not ever take my eyes off of it and to be aware of his body position. As long as their bodies are are relatively straight, it can't strike.
    He got me again this past friday when I took him out for feeding. It's more startling than anything else. I had six little beads of blood on my skin but it didn't hurt.
    He's only about two feet long right now.
    I guess I can brag to the women now that I'm a snake handler.:rolleyes:

16. nicole

nicole Elite Member

oh please,,,, LOL. Thats just a baby,,, start bragging when you get bit by something that is a teensy weensy bigger,, say like 9 feet or so. And by the way THAT HURTS, lol.
    You crack me up! I think Merlin has you though,, I remember hearing something about him being bitten by a huge retic or burmese,, I cant remember,maybe he will chime in, lol

17. Merlin

Yes! 14 ft Retic.
    We were giveing her injections and she didn't think much of the procedure!
    And unfortunately I had a hold of the end with the TEETH!

18. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Well, You should know by now, I'm just tryin' to get a laugh!

19. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I know,, just teasing you. lol,, and by the way I did laugh.

20. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Well, A little update.
    This guy justs gets meaner and meaner!
    He was brought to the local pet store from someone who could't keep it any longer. I promptly put a down payment on it and picked him up 3 weeks later. I handled him at the pet store and he was docile but his skin seemed to be "Loose" on his body unlike my BP.
    He would hardly eat at the pet store. They would have to cover the feeding tank with a towel before he would eat.
    NOW, However, He has gotten mean. But his skin has tightened up and he readily eats. This past friday, I transferred him to his feeding tank and when I dropped the rat in, He took it immediately with no hesitation.
    I'm believing now that he was malnourished when I got him. He's alot stronger and harder to hold onto than when I first got him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.