This Disappears When Logged In

my new and improved hermit crab tank!

Discussion in 'Invertebrates General' started by Paige, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paige

Paige Elite Member

Hi
    I added a waterfall and MORE levels with MORE SHELLS! I only have 4 right now, but I plan on getting more as soon as they come up from molting!

Check this out, have ya seen a hermit crab tank like this? lots of fun to have crabs when they live like this!

[​IMG]

right side (cool with uth under water to add humidity)

[​IMG]

left side (warm)

[​IMG]

net with Hulk's shells

[​IMG]

More levels on warm side under lamps for toasty molting!

[​IMG]

levels with shells on left by the waterfall

[​IMG]

levle on right too small for my crabs but I am getting E's soon that should fit

[​IMG]

This is Matt the 3 year old I babysit~his crabs lol =) Hulk, Spidergirl, Batman, Dash (2 PP and 2 Ruggies in that order =))

well what do you all think? I love decorating tank ha ha

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow! i'm on a slow connection so i don't have time to load all of the pictures, but from what I can tell they are spoiled rotten!

3. Paige

Paige Elite Member

yeah it is cool =) Thanks!

4. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Paige, that looks amazing!! My son Henry thinks so, too.

But the pic of Matt is missing!

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

It looks great Paige.

6. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Looks great Paige! Spoiled little crabs you have there.

7. Paige

Paige Elite Member

can't have that Here he is =) thanks

[​IMG]

8. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Awww! He looks pretty big for 3! Maybe it's the casual, kicked-back attitude in his body language... :)

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

thats awesome! haven't seen anything like that before. they've got it made. :D

10. joeking

joeking Elite Member

I have no idea what a hermit crab place is suppose to look like but that looks awesome!

11. Paige

Paige Elite Member

yeah we are proud of it...I have done alot of reasearch for these guys and they definately require more then gravel lol, but matt loves it! And he will be 4 in feb. so maybe that is why =0)

12. venus

venus Founding Member

Fantastic Paige,,,it looks great :)

13. Paige

Paige Elite Member

thanks so much! you know they are very interesting when given a cool place to live ;) I remember having some when I was younger and I only had gravel as the flooring, but they need sand or eco earth or forest bedding to molt and thus grow and survive~and they are really fun to watch climb>they are great climbers! The only drag right now is all but one is under molting so not much going on =)

14. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Paige awesome looking setup! Nice Job!

15. karamu8201

karamu8201 Elite Member

nice tank! i miss my giant hermit crab. i had to get rid of him when i moved from michigan to arizona. it's nice to see enthusiasts like yourself!

16. Paige

Paige Elite Member

thanks, I am sorta new with it, but it is fun! I am expecially glad because Matt is really into it to =) I am happy to see I am rubbing off on him lol! His parents doen't let him have pets...so they stay at my house and I can't complain they are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.