This Disappears When Logged In

My Mangrove Snake

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by David McConley, Jan 23, 2010.

1. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Okay-he technically is only mildly venomous and rear fanged, but, here he is: Neheb-Kau (An Egyptian God of the Underworld)! He was VERY angry about being removed from his cage and just before my wife took the pictures I had to grab him like I did so I wouldn't get tagged. I DO NOT normally handle him like this-usually, he is very calm and easy to handle. In fact, I have been taking him to the community college with the other snakes when I show them, and have had no problems at all.

Attached Files:

2. Flint

Flint Elite Member

That is one gorgeous God of the Underworld :D

3. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Beautifly Magrave night snake. It's hard to look past the yellow on black coloration and not want one.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Such a beautiful animal! (By the way David, whatever happened to the close-up shots the last time you took a bite)???? I`m growing increasingly impatient)!! ;)

5. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

he is just gorgeous!

6. Orca

Orca Elite Member

That yellow color is amazing! And I think it is cool that you use him to educate others.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Beautiful snake David!

8. David McConley

Yes, he is my beautiful exotic boy! I think he is one of my favorites. The yellow and black coloration is what drew me to him. I would love to get a female and start a captive breeding program since the majority of these awesome animals is wild caught. I also would love a pair of the solid black ones and there is also a species that has very thin whitish bands that I would love to get.

9. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Absolutely Gorgeous!

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

One of my favorites. Very nice David.

11. David McConley

Thanks everyone for all of the nice comments. I should add that I just remembered why he was in such a foul mood when I was holding him- the very next day his eyes started to cloud over - so he was going into blue and did not want to be messed with. I can't say as I blame him either. Luckily, he has since shed and he is back to being the perfect gentleman again.