This Disappears When Logged In

My Kid Vs Baby Toad

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by ArmyMedic, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ArmyMedic

ArmyMedic Well-Known Member

So I was working out in the yard when I saw this baby toad jumping around the grass...I instantly had flashbacks of when I was a kid and picking up frogs and playing with them...so I went and grabbed my little 18 month old boy sat him down and let him watch the toad hop around...at first he was a little scared or maybe confused is a better word...but I picked up the toad and placed it on the back side of his hand..I didn't want to put it on the palm of his hand for fear that he would get excited and squish it haha...he was all excited and would follow the frog around...I was very happy that he wasn't scared....so when it was time to put the frog away..I picked him up and went to place him right back in the bush that I found him at..and then out jumped mamma toad..and scared the crap out of me...I'm pretty sure I jumped and let out an ever so quite scream...
    I spent all this time trying to get him to not be scared and here I go screaming n jumping when once pounces on me :/ good thing he's not old enough to remember details lol..

oh and yes he did pounce on me don't question it..lol

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I was out with my now eighteen month old a month or so ago, and we found a giant toad. I thought it was a baby bunny! She chased it around until it hopped back into the bushes.
    Experiencing these new things with them is amazing :)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just make sure and wash their hands afterwards.