This Disappears When Logged In

My Iguana Has a Puffy Lower Jaw

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by Therbs, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Therbs

Therbs New Member

Hi,
    I have an iguana that is about a year old. The other day I noticed his bottom jaw was puffed out so his mouth does not close properly can anyone help me with this problem?

2. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I think we need a picture to make sure we know what is wrong! He sounds like he needs to see a vet!

I know that it will help if you give us information about your setup-- how is he housed? temperature? UVB? feeding? humidity? and anything that may help in diagnosing the problem.

Does he appear to have metabolic bone disease? (You can look up images on google of iguanas with mbd)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You really need to take the iguana to a good herp vet. What you are describing could have several causes and all of them can be life threatening and need medical attention.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Hi there, I see this is your 1st post, if you want you can post in another thread. Just go to the forum section and look under general discussion and there is a thread called Introduce Yourself, when your there just click on new thread, enter something in the title area and type what you want in the message area. Anyway hello and I'll see you in your next post made by you.