This Disappears When Logged In

My Hybrids Copulating Again....

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by Hybrid, May 11, 2012.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Yea, it happened again:">
    Well my 2010 Turbo Corns mated, they are 38 - 40 inches now. The female knocked over the divider and they definitely locked up. I even got snake sperm on my hand when I grabbed the male...
    I never brumated them but the room got down to upper 50s to lower 60s during the winter. Do you think she will be fine if she took? Could she get eggbound at this age? or is size more important than age? IS there any way to tell if she took? any helpful advice?

2. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

No need to all help at once...

I got the info I needed. she appears to be gravid.

3. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Congrats on the impending babies! I don't know much about snakes but I can understand what your female snake was probably thinking... when you get that feeling... ;)

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

How much does your female weight? 300grams is the ideal weight to breed girls, the rule with corns is 3 feet/3years/300grams.
    Caleb(Kernal here) had a couple young corns breed, the female had her eggs and did good! Make sure to watch her, she should swell right up if it took, she will get a triangle type look to her (her spine will look raised) and she will look very full! She will shed and should lay 10-14 days after. Once she shed's you can offer her a lay box, I use a plastic bin from the dollarstore filled with damp spagnum moss. To incubate the eggs look for a hovobator chicken egg incubator(no fan) at farm stores($50).
    Corn eggs do the best 80-85 f and should hatch in 60-70 days.

I have seen stories with females under 100 grams lay and recover well. It may take her longer to recover because she is young. Some go off food and others will eat the entire time they are gravid.
    Egg binding is something to watch for. Once she is done laying let her crawl over your hand and feel for bumps.

5. Hybrid

Hybrid Well-Known Member

Ive heard of the 3 feet 3 years 300 grams thing. Some breeders told me that its not necessarily true. One big breeder told me he has never weighed is females. Anyway can't weigh her, we dont have a grams scale.

She fits the description already. She looks like she will shed soon(black areas beginning to get cloudy blue color).