This Disappears When Logged In

My Herps

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Taxemic, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxemic

Taxemic Banned User

I just introduced myself, now it's time to meet the animals. So here are a few pics:

Leopard Gecko

[​IMG]

Bearded Dragon

[​IMG]

Sav Monitor

[​IMG]

Tiger Salamander

[​IMG]

Albino Cranwells Hornfrog

[​IMG]

Hope you like.

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Welcome. Everyone is beautiful.

What are you keeping the beardie on?

3. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Great pictures :)

4. Taxemic

Taxemic Banned User

Sand.

5. venus

venus Founding Member

If its calci-sand, you might consider removing it. Its not digestible.

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yep, I 2nd getting rid of the sand. Go for something non-particulate. They aren't found on sand in nature, more like hard packed earth and rock.

Love the albino Pacman. :)

7. Taxemic

Taxemic Banned User

Lol, all forums the same. It's not calci-sand. But he's been on it all his life, feeds from a bowl and I've never had any problems. Just wanted to show off my pets, not get into 'the sand debate', I'm sure there are plenty of threads I could find that are. The reason I rarely post pics of my enclosures, no matter what you do someone will tell you that you've done it wrong. Thought I might get away with it seen as I'm new. Obv not lol. Shame cuz it puts me right off posting pics. But thanks for your time.

8. venus

venus Founding Member

Sorry you feel that way, but all forums are not the same. We dont bash or call names, just give an opinion which everyone is entitled to :) However, I totally agree on the sand discussion. Calci sand bad, lol. Mine lived on regular child's play sand with no issues either. So, I am not judging.

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Holy Sav! Love the colors on your monitor, He/She is HUGE!

10. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I also motion to remove the sand! :-D your Sav is GORGEOUSSSSS!! I love the pacman as well!

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The sand warning has been mentioned.
    Lets not beat the issue to death,....again.

12. Taxemic

Taxemic Banned User

Thank you. :)

I've said already, never had any problems in 5 years so I think I'll leave it. Thanks for kind words on Pacman and Sav.

13. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

How old is your sav?

14. Taxemic

Taxemic Banned User

May as well started a sand debate rather than just make one about animals eh? I concur this forum seems to have the same atributes that made me leave the last.

15. Taxemic

Taxemic Banned User

Instantly have taken a liking to you. Thank you for doing something fresh, I am suprised.

He's just over eight months old.

16. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Did you put miracle grow in his water? The one we have at work is maybe half that size, and is over a year. But she has had a lot of setbacks, the previous owner was neglecting her pretty badly (she was living in a 20 gallon tank!).

17. Taxemic

Taxemic Banned User

Lol, I just fed mine a healthy diet, and as much as he could eat of it every day. As long as temps are correct all food will be put into growth and a Sav can reach maturity within one year.

18. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

You have some beautiful animals! - Do you have names for any of them? I love the expression on the dragon's face! How big is your pac man?

I'm sorry that you feel that this forum has bad attributes. First and foremost we are here to try and help. The reason you are getting so many people mentioning the sand is because it has the dark look of calci-sand. Which is very dangerous to animals. We mention it - because the majority of us here just want what is best for the animals. When it was first mentioned - no one here knew that you already knew the dangers of sand. As you already know it is a topic of great debate with reptiles - so I don't think you would be able to go anywhere without having it brought up. I kept mine on play sand as well without issue - but at the same time knew I was taking a chance. The reason this forum is different is that while we allow people to express their opinions - we don't allow them to bash each other. In fact if you feel anyone has said anything offensive - all you have to do is bring the matter to the attention of one of the staff and it will be looked into.

19. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Our sav people here will probably ask you for specifics later. Sav keeping is an art form a lot of people manage to mess up, mostly because there is so much misinformation about those animals readily available. Seeing one like that, everyone will want to know exactly what you're doing.

I'd like to try my hand at savs some day, but it'll have to wait till I have adequate space. In the meantime, I can drool on the pics everyone else posts here.

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

People expressing a concern over something that someone is doing is not being unfriendly, just concerned. We get dozens of posts from newcomers who have no idea that there could even BE a problem.
    You are new here so nobody knows what the level of your knowledge is with regards to what you are doing. They just wanted you to know that there were possible hazards.

This thread will NOT turn into a sand debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.