This Disappears When Logged In

My Friend

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Zappa230, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

So I have a friend, and he is looking for a reptile or amphibian. He can't have a snake or aquatic turtle due to the snakes diet, and he just doesn't want an aquatic turtle. Tortoises are fine though. He doesn't like bugs like crickets or roaches, but is ok feeding worms and anything else. He also lives in Florida, if that matters. He would prefer a fully herbivorous or worm eating animal. I can't find anything except an iguana, but they can get too big for his house. They also get too aggressive sometimes. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Red footed Tortoise. They eat salads and a bit of insects and you could have an outdoor enclosure in Florida.

3. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

That's like saying I like swimming but I don't like getting wet.

4. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

What size enclosure does a red foot need? He has a coffe table he might convert to a tortoise table. And I already know that his fear of bugs is not good for reptile keeping.

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

An adult redfoot will need some thing that is 6ft by 6ft if flat but if you do a double decker enclosure then a 4x6ft enclosure is doable.
    If he wants something smaller look at a box turtle. They will need a small pond and planted set up but an adult does well in a 4x4ft enclosure.