This Disappears When Logged In

My First Snake, "Page"

Discussion in 'Milksnakes' started by Thili, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Thili

Thili Active Member

So been waiting since my last paycheck and im finally gettin him this friday, my Albino Tangerine Honduran Milksnake!! Sonexcited as ive never owned a reptile before and am excited about his ready docile nature, im told hes a very good eater already (2 frozen pinkies a week i believe) hes still just a lil guy but ive named him Rampage or Page for short because of a scene from my favourite cartoon Archer where in a chemotherapy induced Rampage Archer ties up a group of honduran janitors lol thought id join the forum to keep up on techniques and stuff as im clearly a beginner i have a couple friends with snakes but no such thing as too much info :p here's my lil guy at the store

2. Thili

Thili Active Member

eJFzG7G.jpg

KHQlt5r.jpg

NbCGMZM.jpg

KapetdG.jpg

zJx5wx6.jpg

Attached Files:

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats! He's s cutie!

4. atone2308

atone2308 Well-Known Member

can't see a pic:( well hope to see it one day:)

5. Thili

Thili Active Member

Thanks! Yeah it was weird never been that into snakes but was halfway curious about them then i was looking at them the one day and he was at the glass wanting out so i let him in my hand and it was game over, new i had to get him haha

Did the four i put up not work for you? :S also may sound random but were you ever pn studioleaks or rapbasement forums? very similar name to someone there haha

6. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

More or less this is how I ended up with my baby....I love my snake so much!
    He is very cute. I like his bands.

7. Thili

Thili Active Member

Thanks yeah hes adorable, his bright colour and red eyes were the things that made me wanna take a close look at him an it was like once he started climbin through my fingers and hands it was love haha cant wait to bring him to his new home gettin a beauty exoterra tank for him tomorrow the sterilite tub is only temporary right now in case my cheque wont cover Page and his real home

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

New members are not permitted links in their first post without approval. It's part of our never ending fight against spammers.
    They are visible now.

9. Thili

Thili Active Member

So in my sterilite setup right now the humidity is reachin like 78% which would be fine for like a crested gecko or aomething lol but my caresheet for Page says about 50% relative humidity, with milksnakes is there a "too humid" or is temp more important and before anyone says "aaah let him out let him out" i still dont get him till friday so hea not even in there

10. mshrmheadcharge

Can you cut a hole in the lid and replace it with screen?

11. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! that's a really cute little guy

12. Thili

Thili Active Member

ahh dunno why i didnt think of that, i did thry poking some small holes in the lid but that actually seemed to raise it a bit lol i'll try that when i get home from work tonight! thanks! :)

13. mshrmheadcharge

Make sure the screen is completely sealed around the plastic, you don't want him to escape. I've used glue for this in the past, a hot glue gun to be exact.

14. Thili

Thili Active Member

K so i did my first part and cut the hole in it and booyah! 50% almost always down to 48 at times up to 51 at one point now i gotta find some screening to put on there and i think i have a hot glue gun at my moms house might even have some exyra screening now that i think about it! Thanks again :)

Thanks cant wait to get him and im now plannin on gettin a crested gecko as soon as i can find a red baby

15. Thili

Thili Active Member

Got him!!!! Will post pics soon but i feel bad i went to take a pic and my phones flash went of when he was lookin towards it:| hope their eyes arent toooo sensitive

16. Thili

Thili Active Member

2Y71Jrc.jpg

R4pTl9F.jpg

kzUa5vF.jpg

40ksaks.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

your little one will be much happier if you cover the glass on the sides and back. also he needs more places to hide. my little one was really happy when we added some fake plants.

Babies get scared with too much space my baby hid in her substrate all of the time until we added the plants.
    Congratulations on your new little snakey!

18. Thili

Thili Active Member

thanks for the advice yeah he has been in his substrate a lot , real active at night, out of the burrows lookin around, i dont have much spending money for a while could i just wrap something dark around the back for now or would that not help at all? will def consider some fake plants on next pay

19. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

That is what I did...it does not have to be expensive or pretty. you could use something like a sour cream tub with a hole cut in the side for a hiding place. I taped wrapping paper to the outside when I first started. just get creative, and have fun!!

20. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

I have just taped cardboard up in the past. Anything to make it feel boxed in. If you are short on $ right now, you can put a few toilet paper rolls in, or go outside and find a few rocks, boil them, then make a little stacked rock hide or somthing. The options are limitless. You can put leaves in, sticks etc.
    I love page btw!! So glad you were able to get him, he looks great. Congrats.