This Disappears When Logged In

My First Car Show!

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Lucysfriend, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I had a blast! I finally had the guts to enter my mustang in a car show,lol. I have been to hundreds but never had the guts because she needs a new paint job, ah well when I have 4-5 thousands dollars to blow then it will happen! Did all the engine work first cause what good is a classic car if it doesn't run,right?? I met so many people and talked cars all day long~~I was in heaven!
    Note to self though...park in the shade! I was in the direct sun from 7:30 am until 4 pm,and I got a case of heat exhaustion. I didn't want to leave the car and stop talking to all the peeps. I stuffed my hair into a hat but I was still toasted.
    I am in the picture with the hat and my daughter, Elizabeth. The other pic with the kids are our neighbors who wanted desperately to be able to vote for my car,lol. I didn't win a trophy but that's not why I bought this car in the first place.
    The best thing that happened was I was asked to join the Mustang car club in Sheboygan county. The first "meeting" is tonight, yeah!
    The event is called the Ducktona 500 LOL in Sheboygan Falls, WI. You buy a plastic duck and float it in the river and first prize in $1,000. But it also has a huge car show and that's what I love of course. Out of like 500 cars there were only like 3-4 women who owned cars and were in the show. There was another woman who owned a 1965 Mustang also and she had a perfect paint job (lucky girl) but I had all the only Mustang with all original parts! And only around 50,000 original miles. "yes!" LOL
    Anyway just thought I'd share to any members that thought it was cool...

Attached Files:

• 094.jpg
      094.jpg
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
    • 095.jpg
      095.jpg
      File size:
      22 KB
      Views:
    • 097.jpg
      097.jpg
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
    • 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
    • 102.jpg
      102.jpg
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
    • 103.jpg
      103.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
  2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Car show! They are so much fun! Congrats on your first one. Cars are always a work in progress, don't be ashamed if its not 100% perfect. Looks like a great time. :)

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Unless I am mistaken, this is the first time I have been able to place a face to your name. lol Sounds like you had fun. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that bug in the photo. If I were to get my hands on it, it would end up looking like this though:

[​IMG]

(Thats my son sitting on it. lol)

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Awesome Gab, its great to finally see your face after chatting with you so much, lol. Looks like you had a great time.

5. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Thanks for all the kind words. I was surprized to see that so many cars had a hard time starting up and would die . There was this one old Chrysler that started smoking like the John Candy car in "Uncle Buck!" So I didnt feel so bad.
    LOL

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

And yes, it IS nice to see a face with the name finally.

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Nice car Gabrielle. Those old stangs have a lot of character.

8. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Active Member

I just looked at pics first without reading. I see a corvette OH me want me want...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.