This Disappears When Logged In

My First, And Last, Enclosure!

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Skeptic, May 5, 2011.

1. Skeptic

Skeptic Member

Well as some of you know from my Introduction Thread I have been building an Enclosure for my new Red Iguana (Amani). Here is the finished product! Feel free to post any questions, comments, etc. Refer to the Iguana section to actually meet Amani! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Good job, looks great!

3. Skeptic

Skeptic Member

Thanks a lot. It was my first time ever really building something like this, so it was a bit hard. I'd probably never do it again but my end result makes me proud XD.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Great job, I would be proud for sure!

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

There is a lot of wasted space. think about putting in a few more cross- boards for climbing on.

6. Flint

Flint Elite Member

That's what they all say... haha my first enclosure build was a bit of a nightmare too, but I loved it! I've been entertaining the idea of starting a little reptile enclosure building business. Nothing major, but I do truly enjoy it.

That one looks great!! You should definitely be proud of your work!!

7. Skeptic

Skeptic Member

I felt this way at one point, but after putting Amani in there today I noticed he's climbing up the left and right wall with much ease. He's still getting used to his surroundings I've seen some cage set ups with just one stick and it worked out fine.

Apperciate the comments, guys!

8. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Awesome Job!!!...It looks amazing..you have mayor talent dude..Last time I tried to build an enclosure it ended up on the curb outside my house..

9. Skeptic

Skeptic Member

I'd give it another go in the future if you're game. The hardest part is the frame, and doors. The rest is fairly easy.

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

YOur first impression was more accurate. A small ig may go up that wall but not a larger one. Go ahead and put some long branches etc in there. The ig will feel much more at home. No sense having that much space if it is unusable.
    Sort of like having a huge living room. But you can only walk around next to the wall.