This Disappears When Logged In

My Early Christmas Present...

Discussion in 'Salamanders & Newts' started by Ian-V, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Ian-V

Ian-V Well-Known Member

So, I have a spare 20 gallon that I forgot about. For Christmas, my mom took it and researched about salamanders. She set the terrarium up for a Tiger Salamander in secret. Yesterday, she took me on a surprise trip to a local pet store (that actually takes care of their animals) where we purchased a Tiger Salamander. I present to you: Sebastian the Barred Tiger Salamander! He's settled down quite a bit and he's doing quite well so far.

Sorry you can't see his face to well, the tank's at an odd position.

Attached Files:

Buggy0123 likes this.
  2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Very nice.
    The coconut fiber looks a bit too wet to be honest, and will probably start molding if left like that for long.
    Instead you can offer a large water dish and a few hides lined with moss. It could just look soaked if you used one of the expanding bricks and it hadn't dried thoroughly, though.

3. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Tiger Salamanders are a blast. I remember the first one I came across while herping in Ohio. Buried under a railroad tie that was being moved for construction. Glad I was able to get pictures.

Ian-V likes this.
  4. Ian-V

Ian-V Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's kind of unintentional. We accidentally added a bit too much water when moistening the coco fiber down.

Qwerty3159 likes this.
  5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Aw! What a cutie! Congrats on your new addition!