This Disappears When Logged In

My Cuban Hybrid Rock Iguana - Handling Pics

Discussion in 'Cyclura - Rock Iguana' started by TeguBuzz, Mar 11, 2013.

1. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    These pics just show some size comparison. My big boy Buzz weighs in at 22lbs now.

2. Really

Really Elite Member

22 pounds, really? I know he is a lot bigger than Kismet, but I didn't realize he was that much heavier.

3. justor

justor Elite Member

That's one big lizard! Thanks for sharing!

4. Salazare Slytherin

Salazare Slytherin Elite Member

WOW, what a big boy, hes absaloutely beautiful.

5. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

I weighed him the day the pics were taken! He's 22.6lbs. Muscle and girth and he eats every other day. Gets a vet check every two months and has been healthy the whole way - his next visit is scheduled for the 15th of this month!

6. Salazare Slytherin

Salazare Slytherin Elite Member

In fairness, he looks in good enough health, and looks to be flourishing, I wouldn't be concerned with regular vet checks tbh, unless he lost 7-10% or more of that body weight, or something else came about but that is just my opinion, both my iguanas get a check once a year, and a blood test for me to know the status of their kidneys etc, and obviously where they stand nutritonally, I can go back, look at the info, and think about what can be improved on in that year :D

I love him.

7. Really

Really Elite Member

Tegubuzz, did he have a medical condition that warrants such frequent vet visits? I thought I was obsessive about Kiz. :)

Once a year for a well check-up is considered totally okay.

8. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

I started taking him to the vet on a frequent basis once his growth shot up in an unbelievable rate, better safe than sorry I guess :). I guess I could cut back but he doesn't mind the trips at all I don't think. I saw a new vid of Kizzie on YouTube, she looks great!

9. Really

Really Elite Member

Thanks! She and Sebby tried for a second round today but he had some trouble grasping. Sometimes his missing arm is more of a handicap than others. After a while, Kizzie got impatient and chased him off.

Oh, meant to ask, who is your vet?

10. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

Hope it works out! I usually take Buzz to a vet office/hospital in River Oaks. My dogs go there and the vet has a very basic knowledge of reptiles. If I ever encounter any serious problems with my herps, I'd take them elsewhere, but for checkups it has worked for me.

11. Really

Really Elite Member

I'm not familiar with any of the vets out that way. We use Dr. White. He is AMAZING. We've also been to ABC. They have good vets but they are very expensive. We also used Dr. Jordan in Rice Village when Kismet needed an ultrasound last year. He is also pretty awesome.

12. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

I'll definitely keep those in mind. Thanks for the tips!

13. RussetsRhino77

RussetsRhino77 New Member

Man tegubuzz he 's looking great,u o a great job of taking care of ur animals keep up the great work.

14. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

Thanks bud. I just redid my whole softshell and Alli snapper turtle setup. Will post pics soon!

15. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, you have a beautiful Iguana, great condition too! Can you show a few pics of your monitor?

16. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

Ill get some pics taken next time I go to my ranch. It's a close to 3 hour drive in west Texas. My alligator and wolf are kept there as well.

Thanks for the compliments.

17. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You have a wolf???? What kind???? I have a russian red wolf!!!!

18. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

She looks like a tundra wolf but I'm not sure. My father was out hunting close to 10 years back in Ohio and came across a dead mother with pups and all were dead except Xena. She's close to 10 years old now. Maybe you can tell me the exact type? She acts like your every day dog. I'm trying to attach some old pics I have of her from my phone but it won't work. I might have a thread here with pics of her. If not, PM me your email and ill shoot you some pics.

19. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

20. TeguBuzz

TeguBuzz Elite Member

Ill try to get some more pics up, takes too long to get on from my phone.