This Disappears When Logged In

My corn.....

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by cornlover, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

Today i had my hand in the terarium and i touch him..he didnt bite me but he run and jump out of the terarium!..i realy catch him on the air!....... i must find a way put my hand in, and not leave space on the terarium so he couldnot escape.....

ohh... he is 80cm long. I measured the skin... i will try take photos to tell me his age...

2. Amber

Amber Elite Member

hehe, my corn used to do that, I don't think she understands gravity :D

When you say you measured the skin, do you mean you measured a shed? Because that isn't very accurate. He could be quite a lot smaller than 80 cm.

:)

3. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

ohhh...yes you have right!...... ;)

now this 5 hours he stay at the cool area of his terrarium ..what this means? why he isnt in the hot area...?

4. Amber

Amber Elite Member

I just let my snakes decide for them selveswhat side they want to stay in, but sometimes my snakes will stay at one side, if they don't like the hide (s) that are at the other side. I would just leave him, I'm sure he will be fine.

:)

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The snake will decide what temperature it needs to be at. As long as you have hides at both ends of the tank it will be fine.

When you go to take the snake out of the tank try putting a towel over the top of the tank and stick your arm under it to take the snake out. As you work with the snake and it learns to recognize you it will get easier to take it out.

6. Lionfishy

Lionfishy Elite Member

after feeding my corn always stayes in the warm spot. but when he hasent at for 5 days or so he is always next to the cold end
    Usualy near the water.

7. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Lionfishy, mine did the same thing...

8. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

Ok thanks guyz...today a friend who knows about snakes he has 2 pythons tell me that a way to handle him is to put my hand in,catch him and put him on my arm..he tell me that he will like on my hand and he will not escape.... i think that i will try it...

9. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

10. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

yESTURDAY I HANDLED HIM FOR A LITLE I HAND HIM ON MY HAND FOR 2MINUTES THEN HE TRY TO ESCAPE SO I PUT HIM BACK TO THE TERARIUM...TODAY I TRY CATCH HIM BUT....NOTHING :(

11. Merlin

Sorry but your friend is very wrong. You can't treat an active snake like a corn the same way you do a lazy slow moving python. Yes a python can be wrapped around your arm and may be content to just hang. With a corn that won't work! While working with your corn ALWAYS maintain control of the snake. Keep a firm but gentle hold on them. You can let it move from hand to hand but do not turn it completely loose. You are going to have to really start spending some time working with it. At least 10-15 minutes at a time. Just reach in the tank take hold of the snake and do it! That is the only way you are going to be able to get the snake used to you.

12. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

I handle him!!!!!!! :) :) :)
    i go to his terarium and catch him. i was wearing a thin glove then he start bite my finger but i dindnt leave him he biten me again and again..when he stop bite me i put him out of the terarium and he start wrapped on my hand then with my other hand i was touching him very gendle.... he wasnot biten me! he likes... :) i hand him about 5 minutes then he didnt wont go back to his terarium! i think now i am in a good way!....thanks guyz! i hope in some days i will be able to handle him without fear!....

13. Merlin

Sounds like a good start. You just have to remember that to the snake you are a big ugly monster that may want to eat him! Once he realizes that cornsnake is not on your menu he will start to settle down.

14. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Oh! Congratulations! I know how happy your heart must feel after being able to handle him like that. I commend you for sticking with it and not giving up!!!

15. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

Thank you!!! :) .... yes i am veeeery happy i like a lot the idea to handle a snake...my snake!! ;)

16. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

Today i handle him for 25min !! ;) but for 5 min he was biten my finger....the other time he was wrapped on my hand!..... he was enaf quiet.... but... i think that i must try feed him now......

17. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

That's good that he is settling down now! Good luck with the feed! :)

18. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

thanks! i wont to ask something is bad that when i handle him i regularly keep him from a point? i dond leave him walk around my body..i scared that he will escape....

19. Merlin

If you are asking is it ok to keep the snake in one area and not let him venture too far the answer is absolutely. Corns are very fast when they want to be and can easily get away. You want to keep it where you can control it.

20. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Merlin is right... corn snakes are not the kind of snake that will sit on your neck for an hour. They like to be on the move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.