This Disappears When Logged In

My Colorful Kingsnake. Help Indentifying Please? :]

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Tymonster, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and would love some help more specifically indentifying my so called Cal King. I purchased this beauty from petsmart so I'm pretty sure it was sold as the wrong species or subspecies. I'm no expert and figured I'd come see who is! On reddit some guy said its probably a king corn hybrid but I'm not sure.

Pics are a few months old from when it was first purhased, I plan to update my imgur album with recent pics. The snake is becoming more yellowy in the parts that were black in these pics.

King Snake - Imgur

2. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

King Snake - Imgur
    Any ideal specifically on what type of king snake I have? Any help would be great. It was purchased as a cal king but we all know how smart petsmart is ;)

3. Poison

Poison Elite Member

im going with speckled king or florida king

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It looks more like some sort of hybrid.

5. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

Any guess more specifically ? Not like it's a huge issue but I'm very curious because I can't seem to find any that look the same online.

6. Merlin

With all the things that they are crossing who knows. I would guess that it is a cornsake kingsnake hybrid of some sort.

7. Merlin

It's definately not a cal king or a speckled.

8. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Without knowing it's origin I'd say it is a Floridana X Eastern cross.......