This Disappears When Logged In

My Coastal Carpet Python is Trying to Escape and Not Eating

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by bckspc, Oct 7, 2013.

1. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

As far as I know there is really no need to brumate a carpet, unless your trying to cycle him for breeding. I'd just keep maintaining his temps as is. If he slows down a bit he may go off (or stay off) feed but I'd keep offering on his normal schedule, unless you can tell for certain by his disposition that hes not interested in food and you don't want to waste a rat.

A lot of reptiles slow down in fall/winter even when their cage conditions are kept stable, it seems to me like their bodies sense the season change anyway and react accordingly

2. bckspc

bckspc Member

Okay... last update...

I really don't know how figure this.
    So, on the weekend, like I said he was agitated and trying to escape.
    On monday and tuesday he spent the day and night outside his hides on the cold side on top of the hide. He barely moved at all, just small movements from time to time. I opened the cage both days to touch him just to check if he moved at all and it did, barely.
    Yesterday (wednesday), when I got home he was on a different place and went I opened the cage he immediately tried to get out and spent all night at it like he did on sunday...

Some say he will be slower because of the season change, others say he will be agitated because is mating season and I got "solutions" for both problems but he is doing both... some days is slow as a snail, barely moving and staying outside his hide and others he is trying to escape like a maniac.

I don't know if I have to reduce the temp, to don't feed him for a while, to try to feed him at the scheduled time...

I'm sorry asking all this questions but he never been like this and I'm just worried that something is not right.

I'm trying to buy/assemble a new and bigger enclousure but in the mean time what can I do?

Thank you all for your pacience

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Keep the temps up and feed as usual.

4. bckspc

bckspc Member

Thank you all for your help :)