This Disappears When Logged In

My Bp Ate For The First Time!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dinger51, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinger51

dinger51 Member

My family just got are BP (Thunder) on Thursday. He has already shed perfeclty and ate one rat pup for the first time tonight. These forums are great and I plan on staying with HC :p

2. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Yay! Congrats! The first shed and feed are soooo exciting!!!

3. Amirra

Amirra Elite Member

:)

awww. i remember when draco, my bp, had his first meal. lol, but only fellow herpers such as yourself and the rest here at HC would understand the beauty in it.... ;)

4. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Hi Dinger51-

That's excellent news! Glad to hear that. BP can be so picky sometimes. How wonderful that it seems to be settling in nicely.

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

great news,,,,for a picky eater breed that you just got,,,,awesome

6. dinger51

dinger51 Member

Yes, It is exciting. Hope to send pics as soon as he feels more comfortable during the day.

7. matt

matt Member

Now that he has shed and ate for the first time, you can now relax and really enjoy your BP, because I know with most of my herps I'm a wreck till they at least eat and shed once after I get them. My tells me I'm worst than a new father, but I see her doing the same thing!!

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I know what you mean! Its so nerve wracking waiting for that first feed! Then you think its smooth sailing! Then the first winter fast begins and you just KNOW they are going to starve to death!

9. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Sounds like things are going very well! Congrats! It definitely can be stressful early on like that. You must be doing some things right for sure!

If you dont do this already, have you considered keeping record of sheds, feeding, droppings, etc.? I encourage this bc it's the only way I've kept my snakes. I've even caught subtle problems early on which were corrected immediately. For example, I knew my Blood had a pinworm infestation well-before it became a big problem by comparing dates between feedings, observations I took, etc.

Dont want to throw too much at you, but writing down dates and times is an excellent way to maintain a healthy herp, especially with herps as animated as snakes (not very vs. lizards).

Most of ALL, CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome! Welcome!

10. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.