This Disappears When Logged In

My Beardie's New Crib!!

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Dragoneer, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Well-Known Member

It has been a while since I have been here. I said I was building a new enclosure for my beardie, Sobe. I said I would post pics, so here you go. i hope I do this correctly.
    Tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is welcome!! :)

The inside dimensions are roughly 42" wide, 20" deep and 24" tall

Just finished filling nail holes and sanded
    [​IMG]

Put a lid and compartment on top. Great for running cords and storing small things.
    [​IMG]

Heat lamp and 24" 10.0 UVB. I later shield the heat lamp. can see in next pic. I also installed Birch panels on the inner walls that can be removed. Used for concealing wires.
    [​IMG]

Sobe loves her new home! Yes, there is a front panel. It is 1/4" Acrylic. One piece. Looks like there is nothing there when cleaned. My boy even hit his hand on it trying to reach in. :)
    [​IMG]

Sobe Basking. Yes, she was in shed here. Wish I could have gotten her true colors.
    [​IMG]

My Favorite Pic of Sobe.
    [​IMG]

I still have one more to build for our other Beardie, Sada. They will stack on top of each other. When I complete it then I will stain them.

Attached Files:

2. T-rex

T-rex Elite Member

That is awesome! I want one! haha Cute Beardie too.

3. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks very nice..thanks for sharing:)

4. AcidAIA

AcidAIA Well-Known Member

Now that gives me a great idea on how to build my Beardie cage. I`m getting the material today. I`ll post when I`m done.

Great job by the way

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I am not seeing anything in the way of vents. How are you getting fresh air in there?

6. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Well-Known Member

My bad. Those photos are about a month old. Since then I put vent holes on each side.

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Looks great.

8. komodoking

komodoking Active Member

Looks great, I'm currently busy with my enclosures, will post pics up as soon as I'm done