This Disappears When Logged In

My Bearded Dragon

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Misspookie13, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Misspookie13

Misspookie13 New Member

Hi I'm from the UK and need some advice, I rescued a bearded dragon who is 11 months old and she seems lethargic, she's quite pale in colour, and looks abit on the skinny side here's a pic any advice would be great thank you :) image.jpg flooring is trmpory until substrate comes xx thanks xx

2. BrownFoundling

BrownFoundling Established Member

Folks will need to know a bit more to be able to give you advice. What are the temps (ambient and basking) in the enclosure, what is the humidity level and how are you measuring those are the two biggest questions. Also how long have you had your dragon?

3. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Also, do you have a UVB bulb? Off topic, but what kind of substrate are you getting?

4. Misspookie13

Misspookie13 New Member

105f in hot side and 80f in cool side, measuring using digital thermometers. She has a heat lamp and uv tube, substrate I'm getting is vivarium carpet, I've been advised not to get loose substrates off the guy I got her from, I've had her about 4 days rachel

5. SebastiansExotics

SebastiansExotics Elite Member

My male I rescued was lathargic and he has parasites. Pinworms and giardia.

How does her feces look?

Being skinny could point towards parasites...
    I would take her to a vet immediately.

How does she walk? Are there any jerky movements?

6. SebastiansExotics

SebastiansExotics Elite Member

In the picture, yours looks exactly like my male does.

Go to the vet with a feces sampme and get a blood test for calcium levels as well.

I would say she either has MBD or parasites.

IN THE CASE OF METABOLIC BONE DISEASE:

The only UVB bulb I trust is the reptisun 10.0 and your uvb should be BELOW the screen lid because the screen filters out the helpful uv rays and makes thebulb useless. In addition, even if your uvb bulb is still working, make sure to replace it every 6 months or so.

I suspect parasites though...

Get her to a vet.

7. Misspookie13

Misspookie13 New Member

No jerky movements, she's booked into vets. Thanks for advice :)