This Disappears When Logged In

My "BABY" Green Burmese

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by GoffReptiles, Aug 26, 2010.

1. GoffReptiles

GoffReptiles Well-Known Member

This is Sara... about a year ago.

Attached Files:

2. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Wow! Can't imagine what she looks like now. She was already a handful a year ago.

3. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

What a beautiful snake. I bet she is one big snake now. =)

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Beautiful, now update the pics please so we can see how huge she has gotten!!:D;)

5. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

Looked good then, I'm sure looking better now. Please post updated pics so we can see.

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sara is gorgeous and big that picture was over a year ago, lets get a look at her now. How old was she in that picture?
    P.S. Try not to keep us in too much suspense! ;)

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

If I had the time, money, room, and inclination, I might someday, possibly get a burm. That day is a long ways away.... in the meantime, I'm content to drool happily on whatever burm pics you post *hint hint*

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Well hello cutie ;) I mean the snake. or do I? LOL

9. GoffReptiles

Haha, that's funny. I will get my burm out and some of my boas (if they feel like cooperating) for another photoshoot next weekend maybe. Glad everyone liked Sara, I don't really see a lot of pictures of bigger green burms around. I know they are really common, but where are they? Anyone else on here have one?

10. kandi

kandi Active Member

I wish I could but they are illegal here :( Beautiful girl you have there.

11. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Well which is it? enquiring minds want to know!:-"

12. GoffReptiles

Haha, I guess we will never know...

13. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Or will we?:p

14. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Awwwww, what a beautiful baby she is! I need to try and talk the wife into letting me get another Burmese. Maybe it is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission- lol!
    Nice picture.

15. GoffReptiles

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness!!! She refuses to eat rabbits though, I even made her go without food for a month and I couldn't get her to strike a rabbit, so right after the rabbit I grabbed an XXXL rat and she didn't even let it hit the ground. So I have to feed her 2-3 of them every ten days. She is growing nice and slow. I was hoping she would grow and get nice and fat so I could buy a male hypo burm for her.

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Have you tried scenting the rabbit with a rat?

17. GoffReptiles

Yes, but maybe not efficiently...I thawed out a rabbit in a bag with two XXXL Rats. Is there a better way you know of?

18. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Try washing the rabbit's fur (Yeah! I know!:rolleyes:) and then with a wet rat, or even bedding from a rat cage, rub the rabbit down with it. Your aim is to transfer as much rat scent to the rabbit as possible.
    Another possibilty and it is much used to train snakes to take F/T food, is to feed a smaller rat and while the snake is swallowing, with a pair of LONG tongs, lead the rabbit in behind it. Then hopefully the snake will just continue to swallow the rabbit as well and next time may realize that it is food!

19. GoffReptiles

I will try washing a rabbit and rubbing it down with a rat, sounds like a good idea...thank you. If that doesn't work then I will try the other method. She isn't a shy eater, so slipping a rabbit behind the rat will probably work well. I really appreciate the tips!

20. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Going along with the idea Merlin gave you and expanding just a bit- I have taken stunned or prekilled rats and tied frozen/thawed rats to them with WHITE COTTON thread. I make a loop/slip knot around the stunned/prekilled rat's hips and pull it tight. I then tie the other end around the f/t rat's neck. As the snake is finishing up his first rat- the second is right at his nose or already partially in his mouth, so he just keep swallowing. This allows (In my opinion) the snake to continue eating with out the need for using tongs to position the second rat/rabbit. Just make sure you use white cotton thread- it is natural and not synthetic so it SHOULD digest right along with the prey item. I have used this trick on all of my stubborn eaters when switching from live to f/t. Maybe it will work for you, if you would like to try it.