This Disappears When Logged In

My Armadillo Lizard Enclosure! C:

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by GreenGoblin, Oct 6, 2011.

1. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin Active Member

Hi everyone this is my Armadillo Lizard Enclosure..
    i think its a 20 gal or 10 gal tank
    with ZooMed Premium repti bark as the bark on the floor of the tank..
    I have a basic half cut log with an artificial plant.. with flukers basic thermostat
    also a water dish from petsmart
    also in the winter i have an exo terra heat pad underneath the tank aka substrate heater!
    one basic light! 60W

Lizard 006.jpg

Lizard 007.jpg

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You need to get rid of those analog dials and get you a good digital with a probe. The analogs are notoriously innaccurate.

Also the placemet of your guages is not giving you the reading down where the lizards actually are. Heat rises so the temperature where your dials are may be drastically different than what is down on the bottom.

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, is an Armadillo lizard a Cordylus species, as that`s a common name here in Europe and other countries?

4. GreenGoblin

analog dials?
    and thanks for the tips! C:

Oh im not quite suree! C: I'll try to look it up!

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi again, I think it is a Cordylid, can you take a close-up pic, just to be sure? Thanks!
    Edit: I would advise using a smaller hide, in fact more than one is better, it should be nice and "snug" so the lizard feels secure. I`ll talk about substrate when I can identify the animal properly (I hope)!

6. GreenGoblin

I have photos in the herp photo section! C: and i've always been afraid to use something too low that it'd crush the poor lizard! thanks I'll indeed find something a little lower to the substrate! C: