This Disappears When Logged In

My Argentine Boas NEW PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Ofsthun, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Here's Maria and Enrique my Argentine Boas who will be introduced this week after they were in a local fashion show where the money raised is used to help women on welfare get a new outfit and their hair done so they can try and find a job here in Abilene because the Job market is so bad right now.

Here's me holding Enrique
    [​IMG]

Here's the model holding Maria before the show but then she started hissing at us so I ran home and got Enrique so he was actually in the show and he was great. Well here she is
    [​IMG]

The pictures of the model holding Enrique are blurry so I'm not going to post them and Enrique doesn't like the flash of a camera after he struck at my girlfriend and snagged the side of her head but after that he was great. He was fine afterwards and did great in the show.

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Great pictures - two beautiful snakes. And what a wonderful cause - it's fantastic that you were able to help in such a way, and the reptiles were able to help too! A great success story and a positive tale about reptiles - we should print this everywhere and show that reptiles are not the horrors that they are often made out to be!

Well done to you and your boas! Thanks for sharing :)

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow, I totally agree Rachel. That is a great cause and it is awesome that the model would be so gracious as to show everyone just how great reptiles are. Thanks for sharing the story and the pics.

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Great story,,,Rachel I could not have said it any better

5. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Oh and a local newspaper reporter was there taking pictures and the pictures of the show are supposed to be in the paper this Saturday or next but she said she's fascinated with snakes and they have to do their own article, of their choice, once a month and she's going to call me in the beginning of Jan to come by and take some photo's of my two Argentine Boas and do a little article about them and my attempt at breeding them. She says she would like to maybe catch a feeding when she's taking pictures.

Hopefully I'll get into the newspaper with these two...

Oh and there was probably 10 people who were so interested in holding a large snake who were able to get over their fears of snakes while I was there for the show and the rehearsals earlier this month.

6. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Even better! - 3 causes in 1! Hopefully you will get into the news, and you can help promote our beautiful reptiles. And well done to you for helping people to overcome their fears. Hats off to you my man! :)

7. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Great pictures, Great story, Great snakes, its just all great what you are doing, :D

8. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

The snakes are just awesome!!!:D

9. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Thank you for all the comments I really didn't know what I had gotten my hands on till I started posting ont eh forums. I picked up Maria from a family heading overseas and they couldn't take her with so they let m ehave her and then I got Enrique from Tim Koppenhofer who is at many Herp shows around the country and his animals are amazing. Hopefully I'll have some little ones this year but if not Definately next year.

10. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

great pics and wonderful story. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.