This Disappears When Logged In

My Anacondas

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by boaterr, Dec 22, 2010.

1. boaterr

boaterr Well-Known Member

A few of my beauty's.

CB by Ben Renick
    P1000399.jpg
    P1000398.jpg
    P1000397.jpg

Yearling Yellow
    P1000391.jpg
    P1000393.jpg
    P1000392.jpg
    P1000443.jpg
    WC
    P1000412.jpg
    P1000416.jpg
    P1000414.jpg

Attached Files:

2. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

where did you get a wild caught anaconda? hows their temperment?

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

beautiful animals! Again, Jealous!

4. dawgy

dawgy Member

beautiful snakes..very jealous !!!!!

5. boaterr

Bought her from a Reptile Show 3 years ago. She was nippy bought she acclimated to captivity in a few months and know she is as tame as the rest of my snakes. However, she often takes long fast that can last over 8 months so keeping her on a reliable feeding schedule is the real headache.

6. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Ive wanted an anaconda since i was like 13 yrs old. That crappy movie anaconda made me research them a bit to see what they were really like. Do the yellows not get as large as the green? Are they from the amazon area as well? I never looked into getting a green due to thier size, and ive heard they were a look dont touch type. How are they to handle?

7. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Very beautiful!

8. boaterr

Yellows do not get near as massive as Greens but they still can get over 11 foot. Yellows often defecate every other day, so their enclosures easily become smelly if daily cleaning is not adhered to. I have no problems handling my Anacondas. However, It is hard to say whether Anacondas are truly stronger than the other giant snakes or whether Condas are just more willing to use their strength than the pythons, all I know is that I find my Anacondas are much harder to control than Burms and Retics of similar size.

9. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Yeah, they definately look like very powerful snakes. Very cool.

10. Ninjaguy1987

Ninjaguy1987 Elite Member

Really nice snakes man.

11. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

12. jakester

jakester Well-Known Member

Amazing animals!

13. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

i wish a frind of mine could read your post, he is convinced that there is an anaconda that only reaches 6ft, and is trying to tell me, the gut with the largest herp collection in my town that he is certian that a green anaconda is that snake that is only 6ft! funny guy huh?

14. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Beautiful snakes! The yellow one is especially beautiful, and the first one is soo shiny! lol

15. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

Have you seen the granite morphs. They are beautiful I saw them at an expo in Chicago a few years ago. They are on the no no list in NJ. Great animals though.

16. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Those are so cool! I love annies, and I dearly wish I had room for a pair of each at my house. I had the chance to hold an 8 ft yellow at a reptile show at the Raleigh, NC, Museum of Natural Science a couple of years ago. He was very calm and sweet. The owner said he was a Holy terror when he first got him, but he settled down quickly enough.

You have some amazing giants and I am very jealous of you. At least I have your pictures to drool over. Thanks for sharing. ;)

17. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I think they are absolutely gorgeous!

18. April

April Active Member

Wow very beautiful snakes!!! I just wonder how you keep the humidity needed with a large snake like that. Rule of thumb in my house is no snake that can look at my 4 year old daughter as dinner, however these are beauties you have there and thanks for sharing these pictures!

19. boaterr

Thanks, humidity is not a problem if you keep them in Animal Plastic or Vision Cages. Both of them hold humidity very well.

20. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Not funny: sad! It's that kind of ignorance passed off as "fact" that leads to people getting baby snakes that grow into powerful giants that they didn't expect and aren't prepared to handle. Bad news for the snake, bad press for the herp community.