This Disappears When Logged In

Mud Snake

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Dragoness, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Well, one of my little mud snakes passed mysteriously. He/She had been eating, pooping, shedding regularly. I had every reason to believe he/she was in good health until I saw the corpse.

These guys don't always do well in captivity - which is why I bought 2 - kind of an insurance policy, in hopes that 1 will make it.

These guys stay down for days at a time in their mud (hence the name mud snake). He was not exactly fresh (though he was less than 3 days dead, because I saw him 3 days prior, alive.)

Now I am left with one I have dubbed "Shy Guy" because he never shows his face. The only way I know he is still alive is because the food disappears overnight. I probably catch site of him every other week or so. He is still too small for me to safely dig for him, without risking serious injury to him, so I generally don't go digging unless the food doesn't disappear (which is why I went digging for, and found, the other snake).

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

That so sad, I'm so sorry he passed away! :( Sounds like a very hard, challenging snake to keep.

3. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm so sorry about your little mud snake! You just got the little things, and I'm sure they were getting the best care possible!

:(

4. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I was thoroughly surprised. Like I said, he had been eating well, pooping and shedding normally. Just dead one day :(. At least I still have 1.