This Disappears When Logged In

Moving with Reptiles

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by akbaby907, Jul 21, 2014.

1. akbaby907

akbaby907 Active Member

Hi all, just had a general question for anybody that can help. I'll be moving (flying, not driving) from Alaska to Montana (western, near Missoula if that's any help) within the next year and I'm not sure how to go about bringing my boa . She is currently about 30 inches long and quite small, no idea on age as she was a pet store rescue and they knew nothing about her.

I have no idea where to start, so any information is helpful. Thanks in advance!

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Safest probably is over night it to someone you trust. Planes are risky, while the forward hold is pressurized for pet cargo it is not heated. When I worked at the Airport here it was always a mess when pets where on the flight.

Good bicycling in Missoula :)

3. akbaby907

akbaby907 Active Member

How would I go about overnighting her? Just go talk to the post office? I was worried about cargo, had that problem when my mom had our puppy sent to her, poor thing almost froze to death. :/

I'm going for school so may end up either Missoula or Dillon :)

4. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Shipyourreptiles.com can take you through the whole process and had all the supplies you'll need. Insulation, boxes, heat packs, ect. Great site snd very helpful people!