This Disappears When Logged In

Mouth Rot

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by labelleninirose, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

So...haven't heard anything from this thread in a while? How is your snake doing? I assume everything is still going good?

2. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

Pics of my little girl, mouth rot is GONE!!! her mouth is back to natural color!!! she has a bad scar on her nose from it but in a couple sheds it might be gone. she is eating fine and is now coming out more often!!!! enjoy and she is better thanks to you guys!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

she looks better! has all of her old sparkle and shine back. Any scabs or scars she has will reduce with a few sheds.

4. labelleninirose

ALOT of her scales have problemes because of the injections...I would always try and inject between scales but if she moved(and she ususaly did) the needle would go threw the scale...so she needs to shed lol!!! she has one last amikacin injection then it's over!

5. Piano Man

Piano Man Elite Member

Congratulations, I am so glad that you both made it through this.:)

6. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I am so Happy and I want to say one thing it is not thanks to us; while everyone else had great advice to give and prayers you are the one that nursed her through this.You aided this recovery the most above all! :)

7. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

...not thanks to us. Thanks to an awesome owner who cares about her.

Glad to hear the good news. Congrats! :)

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. We gave you tips and moral support but it was YOU, Anne Marie, who didn't give up on her and went the distance to get her well.
    That's one lucky snake!

9. labelleninirose

awwww come on guys, your making me blush!!!! I'll never forget a phrase I heard ''when you own an animal YOU are responsible to take it to the vet when it gets sick, and YOU are the one who it's health depends on'' but please do not give the credit to me, I just did my job as an owner...when any of my animals are sick, they get the care they need, she was no exception. I ow a lot to you guys and this site. thank you! I think we can finally close this thread, it finally has a happy ending :)

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

That's what makes you a GOOD owner. There are a lot of people who would not have put in the effort, who believe that because an animal is cheap, it is disposable. After all, why spend hundreds of dollars treating a ball python when you could just get a new one for $35? Sadly, some people think like that. Your snake is lucky to have you. With another person, she might not have gotten what she needed, and might now be dead.

11. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Anne Marie- I commend you as a fabulous owner who cared for an sick animal- but I commend your brave little snake for courageously fighting to survive in the face of adversity. My hat's off to you both!

12. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That is such incredible news and an example to every one!

This thread is very important and can teach everybody something in the future.

Well done!:)

13. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

Great stuff! LOL the cat in the background of the first picture

14. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Great Job Anne Marie, She looks beautiful. You hung in there, enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.