This Disappears When Logged In

Mouth Rot

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by labelleninirose, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bethany

bethany Elite Member

YAY!!!! :)

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

hope everything keeps going uphill for you! Glad she's on the mend.

3. Gracelikerain18

Gracelikerain18 Elite Member

Congratulations!!!!!

4. Ace

Ace Elite Member

YEAH!

5. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

hey guys, another shot was administered today so I looked in her mouth and the rot seems to have spred a little on the right side of her mouth...might be because she was weak for a little while so it took the time to spread. other than that she seems fine and she did eat a second mouse :D was smaller since it was one of the small babies the mother mouse had....but she still ate!!!!

6. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That is such excellent news! I believe the worst is over.:D

7. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Good news, glad to see that the worst is way over!

8. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Maybe now that she is eating again she will regain her strength and it may help her combat the spread that you are seeing. I hope so anyway. The mere fact that she is eating is a fantastic sign.

9. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

Eating is a VERY good sign!!! This will help give her the strength that she needs to heal now.

Very good news! Congrats! I believe that the worst is behind you now..

10. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Yay! appetite is a good sign.

11. labelleninirose

keeps getting better guys!!! healing wonderfully and she ate a third mouse. she is active at night and i saw her drink water. so she is doing great! I wanted to really take the time to thank everyone and there support towards her. I wouldn't have been able to get threw this without the help of all the people on here :) to me and her you are all true friends! I've been trying to call the vet to thank her as well for the 3 months of effort she put on my snake...and the house call too. she pulled a lot of strings to get the meds and help to heal her. she even did alot of follow ups free. I really really thank you all!

12. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

Yay!!!! Good news!!! Glad to hear things are getting better!!

You are doing an awesome job as well! I wish all pet owners were as deticated and as passionate as you! The world would be such a better place!

13. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Glad to hear about every bit of progress.

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

so she's officially in the clear now? That's Great!

15. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Woo-Hoo!!! I am so happy to hear that. Congratulations to you and her- she is really a special little snake to rally back from what she has been through.

16. labelleninirose

yep she is great :) I can finally FINALLY take her out of the viv again to let her roam on my arm like she used to :) I love to play world of warcraft with her coiled on my arm ^_^ I will try feeding her again just a little over a week, because she had 3 mice, I want her to have time to digest them first. yes she is definitely a special little snake. she really wanted to live because no animal would have let themselves poked everyday with horrible injections and mouth cleaning...I guess in a way she trusts me and that is enough payback for all the money I spent on her treatments. I really really hope no one ever has to go threw this, but in a way this 22 page post should be enough help to anyone who is going threw it with there snake. and another thing I really learned that you should never give up even when things are not going well. the best thing to do to help stop the mouth rot is really to bump up the heating in the tank. I had to keep the warm side close to 96-98 and the cool side over 80 to make sure she would respond well and she did :) I'm going to keep like that for a while just to make sure she gets over the disease completely. I will post pics of her soon :)

17. Aalamil

Aalamil Elite Member

Everquest ftw!

18. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Yoo Hoo! looking forward to the healthy pics.

19. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That is the best news ever!:D

20. angrykitten

angrykitten Elite Member

Anne Marie,

So pleased to read good news about your baby! There was never once I logged into the Forum and didn't check your thread to see if you had good news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.