This Disappears When Logged In

Mouth Rot

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by labelleninirose, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

hey guys just to let you all know that my snakes mouth is getting better and better, still not interested in her meals but her mouth is better. I still need to force feed her because of this, and I will till she does become hungry for a rat or mouse. for now she just does not like it.

2. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Glad to hear that things are getting better for you and her. I am sure you will get her back up and running/slithering around like new soon. Hopefully, she will get to the point where she will eat on her own soon.

3. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Great to hear!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As long as you are feeding her she probably will not want to eat. She doesn't need to. You are supplying the food. You will probably have to stop the feeding and wait a week or so for her to be interested in feeding on her own.

5. Maya

Maya Elite Member

I am so glad to hear this. By no means an expert advice, but I would probably feed her until you feel like she has truly healed and its okay for her to wait until she is hungry. She has been through a lot. A virtual hug to both of you. You have been a great mom.

6. labelleninirose

I just want to let people know that she is very weak all of a sudden....I have no idea why...she seems skinnier and it was very hard to get the food down her troath tonight. I am worried :( her mouth look about the same not completely healed but pretty stable. I really wish she would get interested with mice again....I can't feed her canned food forever. I gave her about 12 ml of canned food tonight...its not a lot but I'm sure it helps. what I do is do everything the same day...injection, subcu and force feeding and this is every 3 days then I let her be for 3 whole days and do it again. I'm trying to handle her to the min. she is weak now....I hope she can hold on....I have done so much....it would destroy me if she died....its not the money that I care about....it's all the time I spent making her better....

7. Gracelikerain18

Gracelikerain18 Elite Member

I'm sorry your baby is not doing so well! She's in my prayers!

8. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

I'm a new member, and just read the whole thread. Let me say that I am so sorry. I couldn't imagine going thru something like this. At least for your baby's sake, she has a caring, responsible and determined owner. You have been doing an excellent job! Just hang in there, and be strong. Things will get better.

9. Maya

Maya Elite Member

I am constantly thinking of you guys.

10. 1melissa3

1melissa3 Elite Member

Yes, good luck with the recovery and let us know. . .

11. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I am sorry, remember though that time and time again she has proved to be a fighter! <<hug>>

12. angrykitten

angrykitten Elite Member

Anne Marie, you are in my thoughts too. I pray she will get better soon. I know how long you have being going through this...you have been so consistently great!

13. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I am so sorry to hear this! i wish you the best.

14. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I am sorry to hear. I wish I could do something for you.:(

15. labelleninirose

omg guys....she ate a mouse!!! omg omg she finaly ate...

16. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

HUZZAH! Good for her! And YOU!

17. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

ALLRIGHT!!!! I am so glad to hear that. I knew things had to start looking up soon.

18. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Whoot! That's great news! Congrats :)

19. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Hurrah! ecstatic to hear that, you are a great mom!

20. labelleninirose

she has been in her warm hide all day digesting :) thank you all for your kind comments, your prayers helped her so much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.